Solo in NEW ZEALAND (1 Viewer)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Going Solo to NZ in December, am going to do:
-Auckland
-Christchurch (not long here though haha)
-Wellington

Wanting to know "how long is too long" and to go to NZ, and "how short to too short" in terms of days etc..

Please tell me places to avoid!!

HSC
I went to NZ myself a few months ago, went from Auckland to Queenstown, and I'll just say 3 weeks is NOT enough. I'd honestly skip out on the cities though (or shorten stay in them... cities are pretty much the same...), except Queenstown cos it's awesome. Would recommend doing some 'tramping' tracks such as the Tongariro Alpine Crossing- they're worth the effort!

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
marzbar said:
I went to NZ myself a few months ago, went from Auckland to Queenstown, and I'll just say 3 weeks is NOT enough. I'd honestly skip out on the cities though (or shorten stay in them... cities are pretty much the same...), except Queenstown cos it's awesome. Would recommend doing some 'tramping' tracks such as the Tongariro Alpine Crossing- they're worth the effort!
Sorry, I was meant to through in Queenstown, looks great

CANT WAIT, just have to save up some $$$. I was going to do the whole 2 islands in 1.5weeks, well im going to stretch it out to 2 mabye now

yosemite sam

HSC
2 weeks wouldn't be enough...3 would be bare minimum if you want to see it all.
Christchurch is actually a really nice city, there's a lot to do there.

Dunedin's also good for a couple of days...there's the cadbury factory and other touristy things to do down there.

Depends on what you want to do but there is a lot of wildlife trips and stuff too...my favourite place in all of NZ is the Mt. Bruce Wildlife Centre just out of wellington near masterton. Definitely worth the trip.

Roadtripping in nz is also good cos you can see all the pretty countryside.
A stop in rotorua for the mud pools and hot springs is worthwhile too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)