Some Coffee making certificate (1 Viewer)

toisthbe

Evil Member
hmmm we all heard of the RSA = Responsible Service of Alcohol.. but what about the coffee making??

im goin to do a coffee making course, to get a certificate, so that i could get a job at a high class cafe..to see how its like..

but omg im paying like over $150? has anyone done one? is $150 ripping me off??

o well too late..im going tmr...ahahhaha !

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
toisthbe said:
hmmm we all heard of the RSA = Responsible Service of Alcohol.. but what about the coffee making??

im goin to do a coffee making course, to get a certificate, so that i could get a job at a high class cafe..to see how its like..

but omg im paying like over $150? has anyone done one? is $150 ripping me off??

o well too late..im going tmr...ahahhaha !
Is this the coffee school at Glebe? well, i know they usually charge individual that price. but I went with my school, or like my brother he went through someone who organised the group lesson. and I think we only paid like $30 each.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Seems a waste of money to me. I guess it would be beneficial if you wanted to work in a fancier cafe.I made coffees (the best coffees around, I might add) for a year without any formal training.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The courses don't even really qualify you to work somewhere really ritzy, most of them just do basic stuff... they say they are barista courses, but you don't get anywhere near qualified enough to be a barista, just to make fairly basic coffee. But if you don't know how to make espresso coffee correctly the courses are valuable.

prima_donna

HSC
Coffee courses are a waste of money. Find a job at a coffee place and they'll train you for free.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah I agree the best way is through experience in the work place.... and at some places they send you to a coffee course when you are hired anyway.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
prima_donna said:
Coffee courses are a waste of money. Find a job at a coffee place and they'll train you for free.
no, they'll pay you to train you. And yeah, I agree that experience would be more highly valued in the industry than a certificate from a one day course. Especially as the course doesn't take place in an actual working environment with customers and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)