Some final tips... (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
Hey,

Just thought I would share some tips on how to do your best possible in the exam tomorrow. Chances are if you are still on BoS, you are a bit stressed and worried about tomorrow. I know I am a 2015er but a just wanted to share some advice and wish everyone good luck!

1. Relax. If you can't fall asleep, try installing a 'guided meditation' app on your phone and focus on your breathing. A good's night sleep is going to be crucial.
  2. Reading time. Don't rush through the reading time and start doing the multiple choice question's with your nails. Use reading time as an opportunity to read the whole exam, and allow your brain to think in the background on other parts of the exam while you are working on one part. It is not bad if you take a minute or two of writing time to finish reading. Just make sure you don't spend the last two minutes of reading time drinking water and staring at the clock with your hand ready to pounce on your pen.
  3. Don't restate the question in your answer. This is a simple tip but it will help you save time.
  4. Be careful you are answering the question. This one is said so much, but you wouldn't believe how many people don't directly answer the question
  5. Use the amount of lines as a guide. Sure many of you have heard this, but the amount of lines they have given you for each question is a great estimation of how much writing they are expecting - no point spending heaps of extra time and write 2 or 3 times the amount of space and filling in the margins of the page with tiny writing
  6. Get a good breakfast tomorrow Breakfast is your fuel for the day. Have something high in protein and carbs, such as oats. At definitely don't load up on your sugars cause you don't want to have a crash.

The key thing thing to remember above all is to RELAX and THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS going into the exam.

All the best guys, you got this!

hsc3hard5me

HSC
Don't restate the question in your answer

Is this for short response questions or extended or

dim-sims

HSC
Thanks + nice username btw

Good luck for your y12 studies

iStudent

HSC
Can't fall asleep? wot
More like cramming essay plans through to morning!
Not really though. I'm already tired enough from cramming to sleep even now at 9 pm!

goobypls

HSC
I'm so dead I've had 4 exams in a row this week and I've done like an hour or two of study for eco tonight but I feel really unprepared and exhausted and just generally shitty, I feel like because it's my last exam I'll slack off or won't remember stuff

/endrant

Colemans

HSC
N/A
I'm so dead I've had 4 exams in a row this week and I've done like an hour or two of study for eco tonight but I feel really unprepared and exhausted and just generally shitty, I feel like because it's my last exam I'll slack off or won't remember stuff

/endrant
This is me...are you me...?

trungduong12

HSC

/endrant

^ me !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Cramming essays :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will join you. :(
I would've memorised my essay plans earlier (like before paper 1 early) but I knew I would forget them so I left it 3 days before the actual exam. Now this is the inevitable result! haha (same thing happened for trials too) :(
Don't stress yourselves out too much guys!

Believe in yourselves, and don't stay up too late. Pls get some sleep.

Best of luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)