some grammerish help needed (1 Viewer)

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
for wind in the willows i wanted to use this sentence

grahme uses anthropomorphisim to create a pathetic fallacy, which helps the readers to further engage the idea's presented.

becuase the negative connatations of "pathetic" "fallacy" when used seperately, might have a negative effect on the point im trying to make, should i put pathetic fallacy in inverted commas like so;

grahme uses anthropomorphisim to create a "pathetic fallacy", which helps the readers to further engage the idea's presented.

im not sure wether this is gramatically correct or not, and im hoping the examiner will be able to recognize pathetic fallacy as a technique and not me saying he(the composer) is a shit liar

any help would be graciously appreicated :)

Last edited:

zedzed

HSC
uhh.. how is it a pathetic fallacy? i think you should use a different phrase altogether.

EDIT: though you wouldn't need the quotation marks if you were to use that phrase.

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
thank you,

that wasn't the exact way i was using the word, i was just typing of the top of my head, i have since asked 2 teachers at school, and they both agree'd that was the right useage of the word( in my essay not what i posted)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)