Some help needed for math (1 Viewer)

leok

HSC
N/A
Hey buds. :thrust::thrust::thrust:
Let me just get things straight with my situation here...
I am currently doing 2U adv math for Hsc 2k15 and stressed to death. Stressed since my TERM 1 math exam, which i have actually studied for but received disappointing marks.
(For study i did a megaload of text book work everyday after school leading up to the exam...)

I want to make a heroic return from this failure, so i am asking what it takes to ace my upcoming half yearlies? (35% of school mark)

HSC
Firstly, maths is a subject which is reliant upon understanding and not memorisation. So if you're approaching maths by memorising ways to answer standard questions, this must stop as it will NOT get you high marks. Secondly, studying for maths via textbook questions won't get you marks because they're too easy! You need to practice by doing past papers. Your teacher is most likely going to pick out questions from trial papers. Do trial papers as they are harder than your standard textbook questions.

3mad97

HSC
N/A
Do a lot of past HSC questions. A Lot of the time teachers will just grab a few and put them in tests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HSC
Yeah buy a Success One book and understand the topics. Do a lot of questions, compare the questions you're doing to each other to understand them more. Go and see how the number 1 kid in your class, and how he/she is working it. I wish you luck mate!

teridax

HSC
N/A
Firstly, maths is a subject which is reliant upon understanding and not memorisation. So if you're approaching maths by memorising ways to answer standard questions, this must stop as it will NOT get you high marks. Secondly, studying for maths via textbook questions won't get you marks because they're too easy! You need to practice by doing past papers. Your teacher is most likely going to pick out questions from trial papers. Do trial papers as they are harder than your standard textbook questions.
You still need a degree of memorisation to drill the exercise Q's in, plus it's good for increasing your speed given the time constraints in the exam. Besides that, yes, understanding is fundamental to succeeding in maths.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
your best bet if to make sure you understand the concepts
attempt past hsc (or trial) papers using the mapping grids.
You can get by topic lists for 2u maths at pasthsc.com (search it)
Attempt a question then if you can't do it ask your teacher for help. after all it is their job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)