Some questions about EAS? (1 Viewer)

JesusChriiii

HSC
Hey there, I am currently a year 12 student studying for my HSC exams. I applied for my Education Access Scheme for 3 different disadvantages and i'm pretty sure I am eligible and i can provide the relevant documents for UAC. I'm just wondering, if I can meet the eligibility criteria of EAS, will I certainly get the EAS bonus points, or is there still any chance that UAC rejects my application? And if I can get the EAS points, how many will I get?

This is kinda worrying me for a while. Thanks for anyone who gives advices!

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
It's guaranteed. If everything you say is legit then you will get the bonus. 5 pts for eas.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Think about it. It's like rejecting a guy who's had his arm ripped off from entering the hospital. It's highly unlikely.

JesusChriiii

HSC
Yeah this makes a lot of sense. Thanks dude. Btw do you happen to know anything about USYD's E12 scheme? Is is the same as EAS for which if you meet the criteria and there is now way they can reject you?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah this makes a lot of sense. Thanks dude. Btw do you happen to know anything about USYD's E12 scheme? Is is the same as EAS for which if you meet the criteria and there is now way they can reject you?
I'm not particularly sure with USYD courses. I am currently looking to get into a course that only UNSW provides. Can't help you there sorry. Look through Usyd's E12 scheme and read about it should be pretty simple.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
With respect to USyd's E12 Scheme, it is UAC who assesses you based on their EAS:

To be eligible for E12 in 2022, you will need to be assessed by UAC via their Educational Access Scheme as one or more of the following:
  • Experiencing financial hardship
  • Residing in area of socio-economic disadvantage
  • Attend a rural or regional school

I hope this helps! :D

Time&moretime

HSC
Search for the USYD's E12 application checklist online. The due date is on the 19th of September.

Nikolerak

HSC
Some unis will give you extra points for EAS and some won't (most do though). Also how many points varies from uni to uni (I believe it can be up to 10 for some). UAC will send you a list of unis that will accept your disadvantages and EAS.

specificagent1

HSC
Each uni accepts different disadvantages and gives different amounts of points per category. UAC will notify you with this information. UAC only assesses whether you are eligible for that category. How each uni responds is up to them

kevindebruyne

HSC
Each uni accepts different disadvantages and gives different amounts of points per category. UAC will notify you with this information. UAC only assesses whether you are eligible for that category. How each uni responds is up to them
So its possible that even if our EAS category is accepted, we might not get any points for it for some unis?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)