some questions abt the textbk for ACCG100 (1 Viewer)

Manchie

HSC
Did anyone got the 7th (newest) edition of Financial Accounting for accg100?
is it necessary to buy this version other than the 6th one?
heard that 6th edition is better than 7th or its preferable to juz buy a brand new 7th one?

williamc

HSC
heard that 6th edition is better than 7th or its preferable to juz buy a brand new 7th one?

no idea but ive got the 6th edition if you want it :)

Tonthat

HSC
I'm in the same situation as you. I don't want to fork out all the money for a new textbook but I also don't want to be disadvantaged by having the 6th edition, if that is the case.

blackrider89

HSC
I'm sure that 6th is ok. I've asked a lecturer for that.
Go to booktopia or other websites for books, u will see the Table of content of both editions. They're quite similar.
U can buy the Accounting 6th though. It includes all the content of the Financial Accounting 6th + some other useful chapters, maybe it's not really popular so the its price will be cheaper.

Last edited:

williamc

HSC

your lecturer should address the textbook change in the first lect. then get back to me :)

Manchie

HSC
your lecturer should address the textbook change in the first lect. then get back to me :)
The lecturer said its ok if u got the 6th ed already but u might need to get to the librarby and find out which homework questions r corresp. to the old edition one. and i dont want 2 be bothered on finding the homework every single week as the copy one in library r limited..

Manchie

HSC
someone in another lecture said that the lecturer prefer using the 6th ed one coz the 7th ed one does not accord to the course ? i m like wth? different lecturers r saying the totally different things.. who got the most "official" version?

Manchie

HSC
I'm in the same situation as you. I don't want to fork out all the money for a new textbook but I also don't want to be disadvantaged by having the 6th edition, if that is the case.
say in this case. if u buy the 6th, it costs u abt 60 bucks, and u prbly cant sell them out next yr anymore. but if u buy the new one, costs 120 bucks and u can definitely sell them out in half price which makes the same value of the old one, so how come we dont juz go and grab the new one? thats what i think so far.. but not sure.. coz the 6th edition is ONE book including 1a and 1b, i m not sure if the 7th ed is jz only for 1a ? or both? someone could tell me?

Last edited:

randomguy777

HSC
N/A
when uni starts you can go to the co-op bookstore and have a look at it. if its thick, then most likely for 1a and 1b. i dont think they'll make it only for 1a. anyways, the content shouldn't differ much, for convienience sake and easier referencing for homework get the newer one.

blackrider89

HSC
say in this case. if u buy the 6th, it costs u abt 60 bucks, and u prbly cant sell them out next yr anymore. but if u buy the new one, costs 120 bucks and u can definitely sell them out in half price which makes the same value of the old one, so how come we dont juz go and grab the new one? thats what i think so far.. but not sure.. coz the 6th edition is ONE book including 1a and 1b, i m not sure if the 7th ed is jz only for 1a ? or both? someone could tell me?
It's 99% similar to 6th, so it's definitely for both 1A and 1B. It's surely enough for the Financial Accounting of our degree.
About the Principles of Microeconomics by Bernanke, Jennings and Frank, the 1st and the 2nd is absolutely the same, only different from each other on color tones. I can't see the point for them to change books like that. That's nonsense :pain:.

Tonthat

HSC
It's 99% similar to 6th, so it's definitely for both 1A and 1B. It's surely enough for the Financial Accounting of our degree.
About the Principles of Microeconomics by Bernanke, Jennings and Frank, the 1st and the 2nd is absolutely the same, only different from each other on color tones. I can't see the point for them to change books like that. That's nonsense :pain:.
The 2nd edition has one chapter that the 1st doesn't.

blackrider89

HSC
The 2nd edition has one chapter that the 1st doesn't.
It's the Macro and the Fiscal Policy (chapter 8 or 9, whatever) is only revised and deprived from the old chapter. That's not totally new.
To the Micro by Bernanke et al, no differences.

Bilama

HSC
MANCHIEeeee
is that you?
u know me?
heh yes you doooo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)