• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Some questions regarding UoS and majors (1 Viewer)

nonald_rand

HSC
Hello,

I'm going to be doing a bachelor of science and arts and just have a couple of questions.

• It says:
    a minimum of 96 credit points from Science subject areas, including:
    (i) a major from Science subject areas listed in Table 1; and
    (ii) a minimum of 12 credit points from the Science subject areas of Mathematics and Statistics; and
    (iii) a minimum of 24 credit points of Junior units of study from at least two Science subject areas other than Mathematics and Statistics.

So I was just wondering if ANAT units count as "science subjects"? (Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I was just worried that it might count under the faculty of medicine or something).

• I intend to take 30cp for two semesters, is this plausible? or is 24cp enough work as is?

• Are senior subjects generally harder/require more work than junior/intermediate subjects?
    I'm intending to do a quadruple major and so I'm just wondering if that's plausible.

• Are language subjects hard/require a lot of work? Just wondering because I want to take two languages in university (German and French by the way)

Thanks in advance!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
ANAT or other units such as HSTO/NEUR may be run by another faculty but it does count as a science unit if you are completing a specific major like Anatomy and Histology. Overloading (30CP) depends on your ability to cope really. I'd say go for it as you can always drop a UoS (6CP) before census date of each semester. As for languages it also depends on your ability to keep up/practice - however some students may be bg speakers so don't be afraid to ask for help. Well some senior/intermediate units tend to build up on the foundations of junior units (prerequisites) so yes, many UoS over 2nd/3rd year will tend to be more difficult. All the best ~

witide

HSC
I don't think you're allowed to overload in first year, so that might not be an option.

The difficulty of language units depends on your interest and ability in learning languages. For me they were easy high distinctions, whereas others had much more difficulty.

nonald_rand

HSC
Okay, I'll try and get my quad major (I can take the extra units in the second year and it still works out) but we'll see how it goes, if it' too much I'll just drop down to a BSc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)