some questions!! (1 Viewer)

little master

HSC
hey

i had some questions about this topic since we didnt even learn them in school.

1) Basically wat do we need to know in flip flops (truth table, design,etc..), and also do we need to kno all the different types of flip flops thoroughly ( latch, clocking, edge trigger, and other flipflop designs)

2) And similarly for shift registers, wat can they ask in the exam,
serial in- serial out, parallel in -parallel out, and bi-directional shift registers.. wat do we need to kno about them..

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

buzza24

HSC
Looks like not many people want to help with this subject.

Technically, they could ask anything on this subject seeing as it is in the syllubus.

If you can understand how logic gates operate as well as how speciality circuits work, you will be set for the exam. Knowing the different logic gates (AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR and XOR), and how they work and there caluclated result will allow you answer questions that require you to re-design example circuits, or to calculate a result of the circuit. Constrcuting truth tables of a example circuit to prove a given result is likely. All the different types you asked about could be asked in the exam, so be prepared.

Understanding how Flip-flops operate and their purpose will be good. In the past, questions have been asked to define flip-flops and how they operate. This includes all the latches.
In relation to shift registers, they can ask to construct one, but it isnt likely. Again, understanding how they work and the intended purpose would be essential, e.g. Serial in - serial out, serial in-pararllel out, parallel in-parallel out, parallel in-serial out, etc.
The direction that data flows in and out of them is good to know as well as how data is calculated.

I hope this helps. I know its not narrowed down, mainly because anything is possible.

Good luck.

little master

HSC
oh someone finally replies
thanks a lot, its really helpful. gives me a bit more confidence.

i had another few questions :
i checked with the syallabus and cant seem to find shift registers in them.. so i doubt they can ask them and i also looked at past papers and shift registers have not been asked

and secondly with flip flops
This includes all the latches.
so does that mean no clocking componets, no edge trigger and other designs

and lastly: about programming of hardware devices: again same questions anything important i can revise on or is it just basic common sense

thanks again. really appreciate it
cheers

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
what do u mean "just basic common sense"?

If you UNDERSTAND the theory from the textbook and are able to apply it to real life situations then you should be fine! :)

good luck!

little master

HSC
thanks for that.. really helped!!

wm_abusef said:
what do u mean "just basic common sense"?
QUOTE]

btw by that i meant would all all the information would be given in the question to answer and all we have to do is apply it..

good luck!!
cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)