Some questions (1 Viewer)

unreal09

HSC
Hi,

I'm in year 10 at the moment and I'm planning on leaving this year and entering some TAFE courses to get into the TV industry. Not quite sure what exactly yet, but I'm wondering if this is a good decision?

Because I really couldn't be stuffed going through another two years of school if it isn't neccessary. I'd much much prefer to be leaving this year.

Can anyone give me any advice, opinions, guidence or share any experiences or anything?

Thanks! :wave:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if high school isnt your thing, then i would suggest that you finish your school cert before dropping out, because there is no point in continuing if your heart isnt into it.
im sure the minimum pre-requisite to get into tafe is SC anyways, so have a look at the tafe handbook.
good luck with your decision

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
What area of the TV industry? Are you talking about acting, or something behind the camera like directing, lighting, etc.?

As someone who's interested in all of these things and can understand your frustration re: wanting to leave, I would still recommend you stay in school. I can only speak for myself, but I know I want to do a directing/scritpwriting course in university or something like that. If you want to get into TAFE, then you only really need your SC for most courses, but if you want to get into film school or whatever then completing your HSC year might be beneficial.

Like I said, it depends on what YOU want to do and how desperate you really are to leave school. If you think Years 11 and 12 would be a waste of time and you know what you want to do and are able to do it, then by all means drop out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)