Some Quick Question on Henry Lawson (1 Viewer)

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
Hi,

Just need to clear some things up that I'm not sure about. I didn't have a very helpful teacher through out the year and only just started Henry Lawson 3 weeks before the end of last term!!

1. How many stories do we need to refer to in the response for paper 2?
  2. Do they ever ask for any one story or is it just whatever ones you choose to write about?
  3. How many supp. texts do are you required to use? Is it one as I have been informed?
  4. Any good suggestions for supp. texts? I'm thinking of using one of the Mr. Men books? Good/Bad?
Thanks for anyway who bothers to reply!

snore

acinad//

HSC
my teachers recommended to refer to two in great detail, and just briefly on the rest. no they dont ask for one story its what ever stories you can back your answer up best with. if you look at past papers, that should give you an idea, 2007 hsc says: reference prescribed text and atleast one other related text
and i personally wouldnt use mr men books. related texts you could use: drifters, ( a poem, just google it, or look in past papers, its there in one of them), or The Castle

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
The Castle as in the film?

Thanks for your answers :)

rfelix

HSC
Another good supp text to use is Big fish the movie.. i found it helped me heaps

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
rfelix said:
Another good supp text to use is Big fish the movie.. i found it helped me heaps
you wouldn't happen to have some notes on Big Fish would you rfelix? maybe some notes that you wouldn't mind sharing?

rfelix

HSC
I would love sharing them with you snore....
The movie is a bit confusing. but the plot is basically about a son will bloom trying to accept his father edward bloom by finding the truth through his fathers stories that were told to him while growing up

contrast is used to show the young edward bloom and the old edward bloom. when a story is being told to a person. You can see that the stories told to others have been exaggerated and distorted, that is why there is such tension and confrentation towards the father and son. A relation of coming into a new world is the tittle Big Fish and the main character. Edward always saw himself as a "Big fish in a small pond" Meaning he had many dreams that some could not handle..

through his story teling he meets peolpe along the way e.g a poet, a giant, simease twins and so forth... the son doesnt belive these people exsist. At the end of the movie the father dies and whats ironic is that although his fathers stories were exaggerated the people he meets along the way are real and the son is at peace with the father.

Some techniques used is whenyoung edward is travelling with the giant there is the new road and old road... edward chooses the old road and in doing so finds a new world or town called spectar. The town is ironic beacuse everything is beauitful and know as "too good to be true" also gives the illuion of not quiet real. Also the road edward takes is dark, haunting and misty and spectar is green grass lushes and beauitful.

As the father speaks of his stories there is some reality in them and the son finds proof. e.g the letter given to his mother telling edward died in the war but as the old edward tells it he couldnt contact his wife.
i hope thats enough for you if not just msg bak

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
thanks, i have it on dvd so i'll watch it and see if i can't get my head around it :)

rfelix

HSC
dats gud.. its alot easier to have it i found it eay.wat subjects do u do

conics2008

HSC
hey guys, the advice line says you better stay away from prescribed text authors such as " bruce dawe " in the poem drifters ??

any comments.

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
I do Standard English, General Maths, Modern History, Legal Studies, Economics and IPT. My school doesn't really offer alot of subjects so I was pretty limited in my choices. How you yourself? What subjects do you do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)