Some tricky multiple choice questions... (1 Viewer)

BumWax

I thought generally the multiple choice section was not too difficult (although considerably more difficult than the 2001 paper), but there were a few questions I thought depended on personal interpretation rather than knowledge, and consequently should not have been in the paper.

What were your opinions on the following questions

2) I put b, but despite a pretty detailed knowledge of Mintzbergs management roles, I found the question excessively tricky and was torn between a few options

3) Didn't know much about that (not in our textbook) but it looked like it was c

10) Torn between a) and d), ended up putting a) but I didn't bother going over globalization so I wasn't sure.

13) This one was extremely tricky. I put b) as in both ratios are improving, but I'm fairly certain after reading over my notes again that the answer was a) because the increase in sales means the expense ratio gets worse (?). How many got this?

15) I put c) as in a radical perspective, and once again I knew and understood the perspectives, but I thought the question was a bit ambiguous, didn't like it

Other than that I thought the rest were pretty straight-forward, any other thoughts?

hscamper

HSC
i thought they were ok

for (2) i got a - because allocating funds in like resource allocating but u mite be right when u say b

for (3) i got c - but i thought it was cost plus margin - not cost ???

for (10) i also got a - thats the definiton they got in the book

for (13) wasnt fully sure went with b

for (15) i went c aswell - all i know it wasnt a or d ( i think)

i thought the hardest m.c were 18 and 19

funkydish

2. the only decisional role there is the allocatign funds answer, A.
3. Yeah, it was Cost pricing, C.
10. it's A.
13. i wasn't totally sure about this, but i chose D, but i had no real idea lol.
15. i chose A, behavioural perspective ... since it sounded sorta singular and since disloyalty is being bad and being bad is behavioural ... lol.

and yeah! 18 and 19! they expected us to be good at maths! lol.

Cyberchick

Yeh i understand what u mean about q 13

I also but B and i see ur point about an increase in sales means an increase in expenses but how i see it is...

for a 20 000 increase in expenses u get a 130 000 increase in sales.. so really take that 20 000 and ur still in profit by 110 000

anybody understand what i mean??

p00_p00

The real tricky 1 was 13!

I put (B), but i think its wrong! I think its (C) since the expense raito depreciating is a good thing (if u reread ur definition, i think it should say that its for every dollar earned per sale, how much is spent on sales, and if the number decreases, thats a good thing. SO during the exam i interpreted it being a decrease in no. being the expense ratio has improved..... BUT it doesnt mean that the numbers have gone up..... now im just confused.....

Crazy

ooo im going to have to disagree with all of you and say that the answer m.c Q 15....is definately D.

Depending on what textbook you use these concepts are never clearly defined....but our class spent like a whole week getting our heads around perspectives on conflict so i was cheering when i saw this question...any type of conflict is seen as being disloyal

Rob

Mulit-choice

yes 15 def is d!

what did u get for the break even ques ie 11-12

i got 500 for both

and the one bout women in workforce ie 16 - i got b

and also 7 - i got c

Rob

Mult choice

no i meant 11, 12

im preety sure they were both 500

Rob

Multi Choice

i did actually get 7 a)

and 16 i had a but then i changed it to b, becasue i had to manys a's and c's and not enough b's

BumWax

Q) 7. had to be a)

The three key aspects of Product are
-Positioning
-Branding (And creating a "global brand" is a dream of many businesses)
-Packaging

I can see why you thought c) though

I'll take your word for Q)15 guys, but in our textbook its described as the "hand-in-hand" approach, and realistically interpreting a different opinion as being "disloyal" is hardly "hand-in-hand"
Different text books give different meanings, there should be ONE textbook based entirely on the syllabus and distributed to all the schools (Well, my opinion)

Also for 16 I got a)
I considered b) but I was pedantic and realised that the different in the total workforce from 1990 to 1998 is actually closer to 2% than 5 (measure it, 10% is 8mm long and the difference between the two is 2mm), although you could still be right if they set the question carelessly

And yeh I got 500 for the two break even questions also, basic stuff.

Rob

Multi - choice

yes 16 was very vague

i think your thinking for along the lines of maths but i can see your point

i though that by stating use your "knowledge of ER" theyd want you to recognise b) as the enter but it really can be either

Rob

multi Choice

7s a) because in the syllabus the points under product are branding, postioning and packaging

Spike

i cant understand how u got 500 for 11 and 12

for 11, 500 was the fixed cost.... i figure it would be 1000?

for 12 i haven o idea can someone expain this to me

question 13 was defintly c

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
m.c was definately harder than last year's but isn't the hsc meant to be hard? i had no complaints with the m.c. cant find my paper so i couldnt tell you which i thought were hard etc.

Rob

Multi Choice

im almost 100% sure 11 is $500. total = fixed plus variable thereby making variable 500

13 is not def c but rather B. learn the ratios

15 was unitary. we had that exact qu in our trial i and i put radical. i rang the HSC advice lie and they assured me it was radical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)