Some tricky multiple choice questions... (1 Viewer)

Cyberchick

Originally posted by Bon
11 was 0$
12 was 500$

7 was A, product.

13 was definitely C, as sales increase, effiency impoves as they can buy in bulk, etc.

15 was radical.

2, A - allocating resources

3, C - cost plus margin

18 and 19 were not easy at all, took me a while to work them out, but I got them eventually. I think a lot of 2u people would have struggled with that.

yeh i was the only one out of my group of mate who chose $0 for Q11... and they all thought i was a bit weird...not sure if it's right but i noticed the question asked for variable costs and the one in the graph was fixed... so u couldn't use the fixed costs answer....

hope it's right... if so what a guess LOLL

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
i did alright in the multiple guesses;
i know i got 2 wrong, the unitary one (coz the coreect ans is radical), and the 500 net lost (coz correct ans was loss of 750)

BumWax

Rob,
I'm still in disarray regarding Q 13.

I did put b) but after going through it I thought it again with my textbook it looked like c)

The Expense ratio definetley improves, but the ART ratio goes from 6 to 7, and as I understand the lower it is the better?

What is your logic, and how certain are you?

(Bear in mind I've got virtually no clue, but would like the assurance of having fluked it correctly)

And 11 and 12 ARE 500. Read the question carefully guys!
(TOTAL COSTS = 1000....FIXED COSTS = 500....So how much of the TOTAL COSTS ISN'T fixed, and therefore variable? Easy)

(As for 12, REVENUE = 2000...NET PROFIT is Revenue - Total Costs...The total costs are 1500 so the answer is 500)

i want schoolys

for question 15

in a radical perspective it is assumed there is always conflict, therefore it is not disloyal but is expected

in a unitary there is meant to be total cooperation, therefore any conflict is seen as disloyal

Rob

the accounts rec. turnover ratio is

365 divided by (sales/accts rec)

as such 2001 was 365/6 = approx 60 days

while 2002 is 365/7 = 50 something days

as such the business is collecting its debts quicker as such the ratio has improved - we had a similar qu to this in our trial, im quite positive bs the answer

and im agree with your break even qu , i don't know what the others are saying

and im quite sure it is unitary

unitary approach - assums managers and employers share a common goal and any conflict is seen as disloyal (well thats the def'n we got and what the person on the advice line told me)

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Re: Multi - choice

Originally posted by Rob
yes 16 was very vague

i think your thinking for along the lines of maths but i can see your point

i though that by stating use your "knowledge of ER" theyd want you to recognise b) as the enter but it really can be either
I chose A; non of them fit in except a

Bad Boy

I thought that some of the Q's were a bit hard.
this is what i think the correct answers are.

1-C (not sure about this one)
2-A
3-C
4-C
5-D
6-A
7-A
8-C
9-D
10-A
11-B
12-B
13-B
14-D
15-D (Defnatly)
16-A
17-C
18-C
19-A
20-C

This is what i got. i might be wrong, but i am pretty sure.
Let me know what u people think. ;)

Rob

1-C
2-A
3-C
4-C
5-C (diff to what bad boy got) i thouht rev states showed sales
6-A
7-A
8-C
9-D
10-A
11-B
12-A (diff to what bad boy got)
13-B
14-D
15-D
16-B (diff to what bad boy got buts its either A/B)
17-D (diff to what bad boy got) i pretty sure its global web
18-C
19-A
20-A (diff to what bad boy got) could be either eco sust or improved fixed costs, im not sure

coconut

multi choice

i go to hurlstone so naturally my answers are correct...ppft not.
this is what i got...
1-c
2-a
3-c
4-c
5-b
6-a
7-a
8-d
9-d, i think thats possibly incorrect
10-b, however i know the answer is a
11-b
12-a
13-b
14-d
15-definately d
16-b
17-d
18-c
19-a, which was cool cus my mates got it wrong, haha
20-a

coconut

question 16

the wording of this question is fuked...technically woman have accounted for a greater portion of the workforce, however their portion has decreased????
as for b, females did account for an additional 5% of the workforce, but whose to say weather it was due to EEO or some other factor???
what a harsh cunt!!!:chainsaw:

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
Re: question 16

Originally posted by coconut
the wording of this question is fuked...technically woman have accounted for a greater portion of the workforce, however their portion has decreased????
not of the workforce,,, of the part time workforce

also isnt, 5)b)? , sales isnt in balance sheet and i dont think return on owners, im pretty sure intangibles is in it

Sourie

Originally posted by Someguy
I didnt put 'B' for anything, i found that very odd.
lol

Hmmmm......well i guess bye bye band 2 for you...hello band one!

Rob

5 is tricky

i did return on owner's equity as that is caluclated from net profit and owner's equity, both of which are obtained in the balance sheet

a limitation of financial reports is the value of intangible. it is impossible to value intangibles thereby it is excluded from reports (im not sure though)

sales and expenses are both in rev statements

and is the last one eco sust or fixed assets?

i did eco sust

im pretty sure according to my bst text book eeo in the workplace is about ensuring that all employees are treated with fairness and respect in that they are not subject to discrimination or harrassment in the workplace then it goes on to say EEO means that all employees have equal acess to the oppurtunities that are available at work so i think d or c btw that was the d.sykes v.hjanses textbook :confused:

tweakin

It is DEFINATELY unitary not radical. For the women question it is B. 13 i put B...as the expense ratio went from 33% to 28% which means every dollar of sales 33 cents was taken up in expenses in 2001 and then only 28cents in 2002....soo it has improved...and accoutns rec. also improved...
my answers were as follow...from best i remember...

1) C
2)A
3)C
4)C
5)B
6)A
7)C
8)C
9)D
10)A
11)B
12)A
13)B
14)D
15)D
16)B
17)D
18)C this was a fukn hard out maths question!
19)A complete guess
20)C

ben

Originally posted by Bon

18 and 19 were not easy at all, took me a while to work them out, but I got them eventually. I think a lot of 2u people would have struggled with that.
Why? 2U students know how to do alegbra!! gees! ;)

it just made the multichoice take longer than i wanted it to.. :mad:

ben

Originally posted by Rob
5 is tricky

i did return on owner's equity as that is caluclated from net profit and owner's equity, both of which are obtained in the balance sheet

a limitation of financial reports is the value of intangible. it is impossible to value intangibles thereby it is excluded from reports (im not sure though)

sales and expenses are both in rev statements

and is the last one eco sust or fixed assets?

i did eco sust
Um...it was intangibles, they're not excluded from reports - they are just often inaccurate. They are "Non-Current Assets".

ben

Originally posted by dado006
im pretty sure according to my bst text book eeo in the workplace is about ensuring that all employees are treated with fairness and respect in that they are not subject to discrimination or harrassment in the workplace then it goes on to say EEO means that all employees have equal acess to the oppurtunities that are available at work so i think d or c btw that was the d.sykes v.hjanses textbook :confused:
Yes - that's right but who is to say that the EEO took effect from 1990-1998?? Plus there is nothing wrong with the answer A anyway!

ben

QUESTION 20!!

How stupid was this question! A supermarket wouldn't do this to enhance ecological sustainability - get real! They'll do this to decrease variable costs and improve revenue (shoppers buying plastic bags since they forget to bring some).

Stupid!

So I put A from process of elimination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)