Some words for those of you who are still up at this crazy hour (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
* If you are stuck on something, don't assume that everyone is asleep and that no-one can help, or that no-one wants to help. At the very least, give contacting other people a shot - check for schoolfriends on msn, text EE2 buddies to see if they're awake, post up in the forum... (I'm still awake and will probably still be so until at least 4am, for example... chances are someone else will be up till 8:55am but I can't really name names, can I - you know who you are!!! :p lol)

* If you DO have friends online, it can be good to periodically chat with each other to keep motivation levels up. Sending RS's to each other for critique is great - I must have sent about 4 drafts to at least 5 different friends the night before it was due. You know how it goes... you think something is totally whacked up and it can't be fixed and wah wah, but then your friend calmly points out "oh, you can fix it just by doing this" (or the other way around, with your friend pointing out something which you have bypassed 5987456 times and would have continued to do so if they hadn't looked at it)

* If your head is swimming and you can't take any more but know your really should keep going, take a break. Have some breakfast. It's probably not a good idea to have a nap because a) you might not wake up b) you might really not want to wake up and c) you might be so stressed you can't go to sleep anyway, but do take a break. You'll come back fresher :)

Good luck, keep calm, and try to have fun with this! :)

Last edited:

velociraptor

HSC
Yeah hi, I fall into that category. Ahah...

I've got my Major Work downpat I think. Or as much as me and my hired editorial proofreadery people (I'm a slave-driver!) can take. I'm stumped on title though... and I've gotten to a point where I can't continue my RS until I find a title.

Grr. Browse wiki instinct rising.

HSC
N/A
Why haven't you got a working title though? Or did you just not like the ones you were using before?

velociraptor

HSC
I've had ones that I only planned to use as reference points.

And when my story was nothing like what I've got now.

I am also, truly terrible at titles.

HSC
N/A
Pick. One. Now. ;)

If you're the type of person who finds it hard to decide on one, if you continue at this rate you still won't have one at 8am this morning. To have a working title is to at least have SOMETHING, and you won't have to analyse it too much (if at all, if you want) in your RS. :)

velociraptor

HSC
Oh alright. Aren't I lucky I'm highly suggestible at this hour?

I just hope I don't get marked down for it. Much.

In other news, I now have the mentally impairing frustration of lack of working ink cartridge. I really should not have assumed that the brand new cartridge would have worked...

HSC
N/A
I doubt they'd mark you down because they didn't like your title. What's more likely that they will mark you down for dodgy "this is why I chose my title" talk in your RS (solution - be very careful about what you say about your title in your RS, do NOT try to be too clever/go overboard).

Sorry to hear about the ink cartridge :/

Email the MW and RS to yourself, get to school early and print it off there?

velociraptor

HSC
It was more of a mental block anyway. Somehow I refused to let myself think anymore until I decided. Then I decided. The Duchess. Nice and simple and it works and I like it.

Yeah, and just in case the email site's blocked I'll bring a thumb drive. I'm so very glad I knock off early tomorrow -.-

Right. Well, thank you! I think that's the very extent to which I can be helped by people other than me. I think the RS should be okay from here on. Here's hoping.

HSC
N/A
if you're really stuck and I'm still online, give me a buzz via pm :). I'm at the point now where it's like "meh... I have to wake up in about 3 hours anyway, may as well stay up and sleep through all of tomorrow" :p you know how it goes! :D

Neea

HSC
Hey glitterfairy, (hope you're still awake), I was wondering can I email you my reflection statement. I don't think I've done a good job, but I'd really appreciate it if you could just proof read it for me!

BradCube

HSC
Neea said:
Hey glitterfairy, (hope you're still awake), I was wondering can I email you my reflection statement. I don't think I've done a good job, but I'd really appreciate it if you could just proof read it for me!
I think you just missed her :( There may be others yuu could send it to though however. I'm gonna get to bed though. lol 1 hr sleep!

HSC
N/A
awww yeah, Neea so sorry but I logged off at about 4:55 :( Hope it ended up ok though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)