Someone analyse my marks plz to determine UAI (1 Viewer)

Mossad

K it goes something like this:

English Second Language:
1) 98% (worth 20%) top rank
2) 100% (worth 15%) top rank

Business Studies:
1) 91% (worth 10%) 3rd rank
2) 94% (worth 15%) 3rd rank

Legal Studies:
1) 90% (15% worth) top rank
2) 95% (15% worth) top rank

Classical Hebrew 2U
1) 80% (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) worth 7%
2) 90.5% worth 15%
O.k. my classical class is very big, with me being the only one in it, meaning i'm first and also meaning that my assessment mark is worth virtually nothing for my HSC

Classical Hebrew Extention
1) 87% (worth 7%)
2) 93% (worth 15%)
Same deal with my extention class...only me

Modern Hebrew
i did mah HSC exam in year 11, 98 final mark.
From my school it was me and another guy and he got 99 for his assessment mark, i got 98% but i did beat him in the final mark (he got 97).

O.k. plain simple, UAI required for Law at UNSW is 99.75, in Sydney Uni is 99.60.

Can i achieve it with my marks (i'm so hoping i won't stuff up my half-yearlies which are also harder than all the other normal exams), anyone who knows what he's saying pls help me, it's very important for me!

P.S. gl gl gl gl gl everyone in their half yearly exams!!!

Last edited:

bobo123

HSC
umm
you have killer ranks dude

one thing i like to ask is
you do ESL but you rip shit up in humanities, whats with that?

and i thought UNSW law is less than USyd?

Mossad

That's coz i'm new in Australia mate, less than 15 months...but i study hard...

about the UAI i'm very sure that USyd is 99.60 and UNSW is 99.75 coz i checked it thoroughly!

"if you wanna touch the skies, aim for the stars"...

Mossad

i wanna hear what's gonna happen, so i can know what to expect and whether i have to improve my marks...

bobo123

HSC
im just saying you are obviously not bad at english
just that ESL scales to pretty crappo rates and your wasting your skills probably :)

Mossad

I don't think it scales you down if you do really good and at a good rank.
It's not as worse as standard english tho...and i can't do well in advance i know that for sure...so i'm left with ESL

losty

i reacon ay... esl but then getting 90s in legal and business which you need english and essay writting skills... hmmm]

fuck man our school pretty much never gives 100% for anything they say its for our own good... in the end that is

apart from maths cause if your right your right... fuck you all who can get 100% :p

kini mini

HSC
The UAIs needed for first round HECS entry were 99.30 for UNSW and 99.60 for USyd. I don't know where you could have gotten 99.75 from.

Regarding your chances - only you can really judge how you are performing relative to the rest of the state. Your school marks don't really tell us much without knowing anything about your school. Your subjects aren't too well scaled, so you will have to be at the very top to succeed.

But on the question of doing law at all...I would not recommend that you do law if your English is *really* weak. The UAC is not bullshitting when they put that note at the bottom of the page advising you not to do law unless you are very proficient in English.

Mossad

kini mini i got the 99.75 from the UNSW Law Faculty site...go check it out if you want, i'm pretty sure about that...

about my subjects, true that most of them aren't that good, but my classical hebrew is ranked 10th in the state in scling, its 40....and i'm the only one im my class so i'm first lol...

hmm the thing about being very good in english to do law bothers me heaps tho, dunno what i'll do...

thanksfor the tip anywayz!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
what school do you go to Mossad, cos that plays a big part in marks etc (in terms of competition and tougness of marking by teachers)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Mossad
kini mini i got the 99.75 from the UNSW Law Faculty site...go check it out if you want, i'm pretty sure about that...
http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/studying/undergrad/2003A01.html

It says 99.30, as I said :). I'm in UNSW law, I should know :p

about my subjects, true that most of them aren't that good, but my classical hebrew is ranked 10th in the state in scling, its 40....and i'm the only one im my class so i'm first lol...
You still have to be right at the top of the state in all of your subjects though - d-able, but you'll have to work hard.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
that 99.75 is probably the Late round cut off, but im not sure

I played around with Lazseeker, but I cant really determine an estimate coz it doesnt contain any info on Modern or Classical Hebrew...sorry

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MinAi
I played around with Lazseeker, but I cant really determine an estimate coz it doesnt contain any info on Modern or Classical Hebrew...sorry
Methinks you can use the average scaled marks from the UAC site ... and use that to guess an aggregate! :)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by bobo123
im just saying you are obviously not bad at english
just that ESL scales to pretty crappo rates and your wasting your skills probably :)
if you do well in ESL the scaling isnt so bad...
and it is true that ESL scales better than standard

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YEAR12
are last years scalings up yet or is that still for 2001?
Yes, the scaling for last year's UAIs were up a week after the HSC and UAI results were released. They shouldn't be too hard to find on the UAC website. :)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Dude ur a fire:mad: :mad:
Now its all about consistancy and riping the actual Hsc and ur set for a grand result what school do u go to?
Man i wish i had those results!!!!:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)