Someone check my Space/Physics Notes (1 Viewer)

kunal96

HSC
Hi would like someone to check if my notes (based off other notes and textbooks ofc) are covering the dotpoints. Don't know if they're too thorough or not detailed enough, just wanted some advice. I will be using these to study for my HSC later.

1.1: Define weight as the force on an object due to a gravitational field.
- Weight is the force experienced by an object or mass due to the gravitational vector field of a large body, such as Earth.
-A gravitational field is a field in which any mass will experience a gravitational force. (gravitational forces=attraction)
- Weight is directly related
Ø to the strength of the gravitational field at the point where the object is located
AND
Ø equal to the force which the field is exerting on the object.

1.2: Explain that a change in gravitational potential energy is related to the work done.
- Gravitational Potential Energy is the energy of a mass due to its position within a gravitational field.
- For there to be a change in gravitational potential energy of an object in a gravitational field, work must be done.
-Gravitation is a force of attraction and so
 An object can be moved away from the body or against the gravitational field, work must have been done on the object and so there must have been a gain in gravitational potential energy. (LIFTING UP A STONE)
 An object can be moved towards the body or with the gravitational field, the gravitational potential energy has transformed into kinetic energy due to the gravitational field. (DROPPING A STONE)

Last edited:

freeeeee

HSC
Those 2 DP do not really need to be covered in much detail buy otherwise good work!
for DP 1.2 i would just say like:
Gravitational potential energy is the work done to move an object from a very large distance away (infinity) to a point within a gravitational field. Btw you should know the graph of GPE and What it looks like =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)