Someone has kidnapped BOS English Exam writers. (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
live.fast said:
if u kids hu fink it was soooooo easssyyyget below b6 i will ROFLMAOCOPTER!!!!!!!!
Oh, I'd be surprised if you managed a B2. :)

I don't understand why you write like this. It's revolting.

starrysky

HSC
tanjin said:
Oh, I'd be surprised if you managed a B2. :)

I don't understand why you write like this. It's revolting.
I often wonder if it takes more effort for them to write lyk dis all d tym than it does just to spell correctly and use proper grammar & punctuation. If it does, they're stupid. If it doesn't ... it's obviously morphed into a first language.

I have a feeling there's something tricky behind them making all this so easy, but then again it is BoS, and they're either shit you or don't, so .... hmm.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
I often wonder if it takes more effort for them to write lyk dis all d tym than it does just to spell correctly and use proper grammar & punctuation. If it does, they're stupid. If it doesn't ... it's obviously morphed into a first language.

I have a feeling there's something tricky behind them making all this so easy, but then again it is BoS, and they're either shit you or don't, so .... hmm.
yeh coz itz lak fulli hard 2 ryt in nrmal engliz. :mad1:

I was telling my dad, that BOS is most likely going to mark extremely hard. I certainly hope not.

starrysky

HSC
tanjin said:
yeh coz itz lak fulli hard 2 ryt in nrmal engliz. :mad1:

I was telling my dad, that BOS is most likely going to mark extremely hard. I certainly hope not.
Lol @ that.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Bleargh. Goodbye Band 6. *drops it down the well* At least the false sense of security from the AoS paper was carried on through, so there wasn't any particular panic, at least amongst my Advanced cohort.

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I've been hoping for a band 5 all year so hopefully I manage that.

The questions were fairly easy so it's mainly just if my essays and points were any good in the first place, which I'm not sure of.

Oh well it's all done now!

Originality

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
The questions were fairly easy so it's mainly just if my essays and points were any good in the first place, which I'm not sure of.

Oh well it's all done now!
i agree. im a little suspicious in BoS' intentions. The questions usually gets harder year by year. Maybe to compensate the difficult compensation text 3(?). But i did get annoyed wen they restricted us. e.g in transformations they asked for TWO specific elements.

But all in all, its done!!

Last edited:

parismckey

HSC
I thought it was really easy and feel confident that I nailed it...quotes just kept pouring out of my, which is handy seeing as I wasn't immpressed with my AOS quotes! haha i'm loving the easy exams and just hope it carries on!!

williamc

HSC
tanjin said:
You do realise, that even if aligned marks are lower, they will just scale the raw marks so that they will end up contributing a higher portion to your UAI, if the quality of the cohort remains close to the same as last year.

Point being, the scaling algorithim fixes everything in the end.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
williamc said:
You do realise, that even if aligned marks are lower, they will just scale the raw marks so that they will end up contributing a higher portion to your UAI, if the quality of the cohort remains close to the same as last year.

Point being, the scaling algorithim fixes everything in the end.
I just want a band 5

Please? :eek:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
How come you're in Singapore?

I'm sorry, if you've already been asked this several times :eek:
Haha no problem. I'm here cause of my Dad's work, 4th year now but I'm still doing the HSC cause there's an Australian School here.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Haha no problem. I'm here cause of my Dad's work, 4th year now but I'm still doing the HSC cause there's an Australian School here.
Oh, I see.

Are you coming back here for uni?

noir. said:
lol you know my name!

Not sure if that icky AOS paper will help. I'll be happy to just get 30/45. but i would like a 55/60 for modules. my essays were pimping!
LOL - I do know your name, but that's only because people have called you that in some of their posts. :eek:

What country are you from?

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
Oh, I see.

Are you coming back here for uni?
Yup, but could be either Melbourne or Sydney. I'd like to go to Melbourne but depends on a lot of things (eg. UAI :-s)

starrysky

HSC
noir. said:
Australia. [nods furiously]
:rofl:

Meh. I'd be happy with 40/60, I have a feelingg I'll lose a fair amount of marks in each module. Blearghaakfakfjsfkjfhkjaafishnuts.

purpleprincess

HSC
I read in the daily telegraph paper that the english papers would be marked easier this year because only a few ppl got band 6's last year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)