Someone help a brother out? (1 Viewer)

mo1788

HSC
So I recently completed my HSC yet I’m still overwhelmed by stress regarding whether I achieved my goal of 60 atar (Yes 60 lol). Could someone please honestly estimate my atar? My school is ranked 355 in the state and my marks/ranks along with my estimates for externals are:
Advanced English – Trial Marks: 62% Rank: 28/40 External Estimate: 68%
General Math 2 – Trial Marks: 50% (Don’t ask) Rank: 22/107 Ext Est: 60%
Ancient History – Trial Marks: 51% Rank: 9/31 Ext Estimate: 67%
Business Studies – Trial Marks: 64% Rank: 4/77 Ext Estimate: 70%
Legal Studies – Trial Marks: 60% Rank: 11/25 Ext Estimate: 68%
Modern History – Trial Marks: 65% Rank: 7/17 Ext Estimate: 70%
If any more info is needed, just ask. Any estimates or advice on how to not stress would be appreciated :)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I don't do estimates or anything so I'm just gonna say this...
I know you've probably heard it a million times and are sick to death of condescending teachers saying "there are other ways into uni" but honestly, it's true. Most unis have their own colleges where you only need a low atar to get in, or even an EAS application will do it. I've known people with mystery marks getting into UWS College no worries, and after one year they're jumping straight into 2nd year of whatever course they wanted to do in the first place.
ATARs seem like the biggest thing in the world to us right now, but in a couple years they'll literally mean next to nothing.

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Here's a way to estimate it yourself: Go to http://rawmarks.info/wiki/Main_Page. Then click each subject you do. Check your est average for each exam and see what reported exam mark it aligns to. Then go to any atar calculators online and put these reported marks into the hsc mark section of the calculator. That's about as accurate as you can get (although it's still not too accurate)

Flop21

HSC
Yeah go convert your raw marks into HSC marks via link above^ then shove them into an ATAR calculator, and play around with that.

But I would be preparing yourself to deal with the fact you may not make that ATAR. I'm not saying that you won't, I'm just making sure you don't get too upset if you don't achieve your goal. So start planning a plan B, and C even.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So I recently completed my HSC yet I’m still overwhelmed by stress regarding whether I achieved my goal of 60 atar (Yes 60 lol). Could someone please honestly estimate my atar? My school is ranked 355 in the state and my marks/ranks along with my estimates for externals are:
Advanced English – Trial Marks: 62% Rank: 28/40 External Estimate: 68%
General Math 2 – Trial Marks: 50% (Don’t ask) Rank: 22/107 Ext Est: 60%
Ancient History – Trial Marks: 51% Rank: 9/31 Ext Estimate: 67%
Business Studies – Trial Marks: 64% Rank: 4/77 Ext Estimate: 70%
Legal Studies – Trial Marks: 60% Rank: 11/25 Ext Estimate: 68%
Modern History – Trial Marks: 65% Rank: 7/17 Ext Estimate: 70%
If any more info is needed, just ask. Any estimates or advice on how to not stress would be appreciated :)
You did your shit so dw about it.

If you get a crap mark just transfer, no need to stress at all.

mo1788

HSC
Thanks guys, I checked out that site, used it in an atar calculator and got an atar estimate in the 60s which is what I need. I'm gonna try relax now, it was just that my mate reckons my marks will get me a mystery mark or 50 atar at most, hence the stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)