• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Someone help: I try so hard and I barely ever get in the A range for short answers (1 Viewer)

fijifrotter

HSC
He clearly wants higher, so it don't really matter. And a 70% can be done by anyone and prolly this person gets around this percentage. Although why not aim higher and try to maximise your atar. mid band 5s are pretty achievable for english.
alright thats enough out of you buddy, made 4 days ago this is clearly a troll acc

Solarised

HSC
alright thats enough out of you buddy, made 4 days ago this is clearly a troll acc
Your account was made last month. Your acting like your a veteran on this sub. My opinion remains my opinion and if you disagree with it, I could not care less. Focus on the topic at hand and helping this individual rather than spreading hate.

fijifrotter

HSC
Your account was made last month. Your acting like your a veteran on this sub. My opinion remains my opinion and if you disagree with it, I could not care less. Focus on the topic at hand and helping this individual rather than spreading hate.
hey hey freshie thats enough ragebaiting, im not having any more of it, too many people trying to get a reaction out of me you arent having it

igor9

HSC
mate pls don't show this snarky attitude to the OG frotter blud :mad:

Solarised

HSC
My opinion remains my opinion, and the better thing to do is leave things as is rather than start another argument based over a thread that is unrelated. Hopefully you two will grow up and if you don't its not really affecting me. Say what you will, the only thing that will look worse is you. Peace out ✌

hscccc

HSC
i got 19/20 in short answers for trials, this is the general structure i use:

a concise 'WHAT' that answers the question- what is the human experience and what does this show?
depending on the amount of marks u can do an explanation
the length and amount of techniques depends on the mark allocation, generally it goes:
3 marks = 2
4 marks = 3
5 marks = 4 etc.
with each bit of new evidence you use, you must provide a new insight - dont repeat the same thing.
try to imbed quotes in the sentence
remember to name your techniques and dont use the same one twice
sophistication and judiciously selected evidence is what will ultimately get you into the highest band.
honestly in short answers you have to bs - think of some fluffy insight and prove it.
hsc markers are trying to reward you and are not looking for a ridiculous lengthy responses, the allocated lines are how much you should be writing.
link back to readers/audiences and the authors purpose - how this challenges, inspires, provokes etc.
the only way youre going to improve is by practicing short answers in timed conditions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)