Someone please help me! (1 Viewer)

aikou

HSC
Hey guys im a little confused as to a couple of things regarding enrolment to UWS.

1. The Advising day for Communications states:
11:00am - 12:00pm Wed 10 February
Werrington South campus, Building J, Room 1.17 (LT)
This session is only for those requiring Advanced Standing information

Can i still go to ask about Unit sets etc etc? even though i dont require advanced standing information?

Also as for the unit sets themselves. I've been accepted for B Communications. Am i correct in saying i dont even need to set any unit sets til my 2nd year?

2010/AUT 100706 Advertising: An Introduction PEN DAY UNCONFIRM
2010/AUT 101040 Approaches to Communication PEN DAY UNCONFIRM
2010/AUT 101055 Screen Media PEN DAY UNCONFIRM
2010/AUT 101057 Writing as Communication PEN DAY UNCONFIRM
2010/SPR 100212 Public Relations Theory and Practice PEN DAY UNCONFIRM
2010/SPR 100556 Introduction to Journalism PEN DAY UNCONFIRM
2010/SPR 100947 Design Thinking PEN DAY UNCONFIRM
2010/SPR 101041 Communication Research PEN DAY UNCONFIRM

As these are already set im assuming i dont need to really touch unit sets til next year as this list is for this year? also asking whether or not i need to do anything to change the "unconfirm" status other then finishing the enrolment process.

Thanks and see whoever at UWS.

Bananaberry

HSC
You dont pick your major until 2nd year. All those units are the one's all communications students do, and then in 2nd and 3rd year you do units specific to your major.

aikou

HSC
You dont pick your major until 2nd year. All those units are the one's all communications students do, and then in 2nd and 3rd year you do units specific to your major.
oh okay so for enrolement. i just leave the unit selection as so?

chefman21

HSC
N/A
As I recall, you have to go into MySR, click on enrolment on the left hand side, find unit selection when the screen loads and click on it. Then, you will end up in a "shopping cart" kind of thing, where you select each of the units by ticking the box and then proceed to checkout. This will then enrol you in each of the units for the year.

I'm pretty sure that we don't need to touch the unit sets till next year when we select our majors.

Which course are you in? I'm in Communication(Journalism) at Penrith.

aikou

HSC
Hey mate just replying just incase you didnt get my pm. Im doing communications (journalism) at penrith as well. So hope to see you at orientation. so did you just leave the shopping cart alone as pictured above? and simply continue with the enrolment process?

chefman21

HSC
N/A

This is what mine looked like. The only thing that was different was that the Status column had the units as Unconfirm (or unenrolled) or something like that. That's what was originally there when I first enrolled.

aikou

HSC

This is what mine looked like. The only thing that was different was that the Status column had the units as Unconfirm (or unenrolled) or something like that. That's what was originally there when I first enrolled.
strange. im confused. do you only get your table like that after you've enrolled? and seeing how all your units have status as "enrolled" do i have to reinstate mine before finishing enrolment? argh so confused. help! XD

aikou

HSC
ohh wait i just got it mate. you left your unit sets alone and just left the enrolled units for the course correct?

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Might have to call the university. They should be able to help you along your way. They might have to reset your units back to what they should be. The other thing though is mine might actually be the one that iss wrong in which case.... Shit Shit Shit! lol!

My table was like that when I enrolled, the only thing that was different was the words in each row of the Status column - which I can't remember what it was - but was along the lines of unconfirmed or unenrolled. I'd love to help you more but TBH, I don't know and don't want to screw your enrolment.

chefman21

HSC
N/A
ohh wait i just got it mate. you left your unit sets alone and just left the enrolled units for the course correct?
Yep! Didn't change a thing, only ticked the box and proceeded to the checkout.

aikou

HSC
Yep! Didn't change a thing, only ticked the box and proceeded to the checkout.
hmm okay ill leave it as it is for now and give them a call tomorrow. thanks for all the help but. see you at orientation/advising

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)