Someone sitting AoS English today (Tues)? (1 Viewer)

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
On our local news there was just a story about a local girl, who's doing the HSC this year, who is over in America to play soccer with the Australian side, and so was doing the AoS paper TODAY on a plane.

Now I don't know if the news was wrong, and if anyone knows whether this definately could not have happened, I'd like to know, but if this was the case it is highly unfair! The english paper is posted in this forum (among other places) where anyone could get it, which is fine because everyone was supposed to do it at the same time, not to mention the fact that her friends would have done it and could have passed on what's in it. But if someone did it later, it would be so easy know what is in the paper!

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
No worries internet access at the Airport :D

I doubt it alot but mate the rules are people are only accoud to do AOS on the 17th and no other date, so I find it very hard to believe.

Doing the paper on the plane? How do they limit her time?

10 hour trip = 10 hours on the paper?

I think its bs mate. :D

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
They seemed pretty certain that she did it on a plane going somewhere else in america, i guess someone would have been supervising, she's definately over there doing HSC. I find it hard to believe, but the news loves her and always keeps us all up to date with things we don't need to know, always interviewing her father... Just if its true really gets to me...

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I'm pretty sure that no matter the location of the student, they still undergo the same procedures as others even if they were sitting the exam at their home school. Tonnes of kids sit their paper away from their home school for one reason or another. The most common reason is national or international sport representation. I came from a small country high school and i know that a girl in this year's yr12 had to sit her Eng AOS paper on monday in perth...

so yeah, it's common, but they don't get any special provisions, except for the location...if you could call that special.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh if your overseas you can do the HSC exams in the Australian embassy/consulate of the country you are in.....

Never heard of it in a plane though....

hillsdude

Hey guys, yeah thats true..the chick goes to my school..she was in the Olympic Team last yr in Athens...shes pretty gun at what she does...but on a plane thats a new one hey....meanwhile...Goodluck everyone...:)

Wongerz

HSC
that cant have been tru for no1 is allowed to do ne paper after the date it was surpose to be sat...its against BOS rules and if she did there would hav been complaints made...i mean there should be any special treatment even if she is a sporting star...

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao whoa, I find that truly quite hard to believe..where'd you guys get this news? xD Lol, if it was on TV news, then I must have missed it.

Hmm..though according to BOS rules, isn't that any personnel who miss their exam due to one reason or another DO NOT sit the exam again? Though...maybe they all do a different AOS exam, though I would find that weird, seeing that examiners are lazy people, because I know one of them, and a head english HSC supervisor is at our school also [though only teaches yr 11].

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
I did my school certificate in Peru, back in 2002 when I lived there

It;s not the same as the HSC obviously, no where near as strict, but I had to be supervised by the principal of the school I was at. the papers were sent over by FedEx and got there like the day before.

thing was, I did it the first one on the Monday morning over there , 9am, which was about 1am on the Tuesday in Australia. so effectively the exam had been over for a while but I still got to do it then. about 13 hours later or something. couldn;t exactly do it at 5pm on sunday to do it at the same time as in Aust.

but its not like I got an unfair advantage or anything. I didn't even bother trying to find the papers on the net and no one cares about the SC anyway!

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
i was listening to the radio this afternoon (can't remember what station, i think triple j), and i swear i heard something about that. they were even interviewing her...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
A few points:

- It's one person, so it's really inconsequential.

- Doing an exam on a plane is bad enough. I doubt someone would be spending ages trawling the BoS when they've got major sports matches.

- Callisto mentioned a similar situation but perhaps they meant tuesday in America, which = monday here (more or less).

Peartie

HSC
Tuesday in America = Wednesday here (we r a day ahead...)

I dont actually think it happened BUT

she could have still done it on the plane at 920am AEST and i doubt she would have got access to internet on the plane...

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
KFunk said:
- It's one person, so it's really inconsequential.

- Doing an exam on a plane is bad enough. I doubt someone would be spending ages trawling the BoS when they've got major sports matches.
It may only be one person, doesnt make it fair, does that mean if I want to cheat on my HSC all I need to do is end up in another country?

And it doesnt take long to find, its stickied at the top of the forum... If you were sitting the HSC, and spending time studying, wouldnt it be quicker to just know what was in it?

Just gets to me... After all the BOS strictness, its hard to believe they'd allow that...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Peartie said:
Tuesday in America = Wednesday here (we r a day ahead...)
Haha, oops, I messed that up :p, and I've even been talking to relatives there by phone recently :-S.

monchhichi

HSC
well lucky her if she gotta do that..but have u guys heard about the leckage of the second english paper to this school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)