someone tell me a mnemonic for flame colour test (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
barium is 'barf' which is yellow-green
Ca is 'clay' which is brick-red
copper starts with a c, and the sea is blue-green (or just copper oxidises to be blue/green in minecraft idfk)
lithium - "Li"pstick is crimson red
P for potassium is purple 😭
sodium explodes in water with an orange flame 😭
strontium is strong like scarlet johansson (the colour scarlet)
Iron (Fe) is Gold which is ironic because they're both metals idfk

lol that's it

carrotsss

HSC
barium is 'barf' which is yellow-green
Ca is 'clay' which is brick-red
copper starts with a c, and the sea is blue-green (or just copper oxidises to be blue/green in minecraft idfk)
lithium - "Li"pstick is crimson red
P for potassium is purple 😭
sodium explodes in water with an orange flame 😭
strontium is strong like scarlet johansson (the colour scarlet)
Iron (Fe) is Gold which is ironic because they're both metals idfk

lol that's it
I just remember barium brick red and calcium green like bones and then remember that they’re the opposite of that for some reason, it’s such a simple system

the rest of them I feel like just give off the colour vibes, like strontium and lithium are definitely red vibes and copper is just always blue green and same for the rest of them

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I just remember barium brick red and calcium green like bones and then remember that they’re the opposite of that for some reason, it’s such a simple system

the rest of them I feel like just give off the colour vibes, like strontium and lithium are definitely red vibes and copper is just always blue green and same for the rest of them
when you have to explain that in hsc i dare you to say 'it just gives off red vibes'

also because that just naturally makes so much sense 🤓

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC

I didn't realise another person would use the "this is like this, but its the opposite" memorisation trick ive used that a milllion times for year 11 and 12 lmaoooooo

carrotsss

HSC
I didn't realise another person would use the "this is like this, but its the opposite" memorisation trick ive used that a milllion times for year 11 and 12 lmaoooooo
it works so well lmao it’s like drilled into my mind that theyre opposites like they’re the ones I remember the most

carrotsss

HSC
This is the most idiotic topic NESA are the gayest syllabus writers
I feel like nesa just gets away with whatever bs they want in the science syllabuses, like maths teachers will write 20 page letters to nesa about tiny syllabus tweaks meanwhile nesa just cooks up whatever history bs they feel like for science syllabuses and get away with it

like we got pretty lucky and they had some mercy on us by making most of chem new syllabus decent but for like 20 years they just had an absolute garbage syllabus and they still couldn’t help but include this dumb memorisation dot point in this one

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
nah that's the best one

except you realise it's on the fucking formula sheet <3
yeah I can't really hate on nesa syllabus when they give a ridiculous formula sheet for maths and a pretty comprehensive one for chem so you dont need to memo solubility, spectra shit or formulas

would be perfect if they added the colours and ion flowchart lmao

carrotsss

HSC
yeah I can't really hate on nesa syllabus when they give a ridiculous formula sheet for maths and a pretty comprehensive one for chem so you dont need to memo solubility, spectra shit or formulas

would be perfect if they added the colours and ion flowchart lmao
facts why couldn’t they have just done that

like it’s clear they’ve realised that google exists and memorisation is pointless why don’t they go the full mile

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
facts why couldn’t they have just done that

like it’s clear they’ve realised that google exists and memorisation is pointless why don’t they go the full mile
they needed to make something you need to study for ig so they just chucked in aboriginal, Bronsted/arrhenius, polymers, spectroscopy (like how it acc works and diagrams and shit) and ions (dunno if im missing anything)

the rest you can literally just learn in class and then get the marks in papers

its dumb but at least its not difficult, just mind numbing boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)