something about paper 1/reading task (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
what is the structure of answering these? i'm getting mixed messages from different sources; one says, for example in a three marker, to answer the qn with a topic sentence followed by two quotes+techniques+effect, however another says to just jump straight in by answering the question through three sentences, each with a quote+technique+effect that relates back to the qn (eg. 'the [technique] in [the quote] highlights the complexity of the human experience' as the first sentence, then something like 'additionally, [the quote] utilises [technique] to further showcase the human experience as blah' then another sentence like that). what would be the best way to answer the question? i've used the first consistently but the second one has come up recently for me

Vall

HSC
what is the structure of answering these? i'm getting mixed messages from different sources; one says, for example in a three marker, to answer the qn with a topic sentence followed by two quotes+techniques+effect, however another says to just jump straight in by answering the question through three sentences, each with a quote+technique+effect that relates back to the qn (eg. 'the [technique] in [the quote] highlights the complexity of the human experience' as the first sentence, then something like 'additionally, [the quote] utilises [technique] to further showcase the human experience as blah' then another sentence like that). what would be the best way to answer the question? i've used the first consistently but the second one has come up recently for me
My teacher said take the number of marks, subtract one then use that many quotes and wanted us to have a brief topic sentence (perhaps introduce the human experience you will be talking about). And then for the later 5+ mark questions (often involving two texts) have a more detailed topic sentence, seperate paragraphs and a brief conclusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)