Something Corporate/Jacks Mannequi'n/ Andrew McMahon Fans... (1 Viewer)

fireflyxxstare

boxing the stars
HSC

On June First 2005, singer/songwriter/pianist Andrew McMahon of the bands Something Corporate and Jacks Mannequin was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). In the wake of this, many fans started projects to raise money for leukemia awareness. Almost all the money raised from projects such as wristband production, t-shirts etc went to the Paediatric Cancer Research Foundation, Andrew's specified place of donation in lieu of flowers/cards/gifts.
One project that I happened to be personally involved in was a book,

Letters From Noelle: Obsession don't give way to pain.

The book is very inspirational as it contains the stories, quotes, songs and other works of many dedicated fans assembled in a sort of "chicken soup for the soul" idea. It was also named after a Something Corporate Song; Letters to Noelle.
The first copy was presented to Andrew on the 14/4 at a Jacks Mannequin performance. Further details, and photos of this moment are posted here: http://soco-online.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=780

Purchasing is now available here:

http://www.lulu.com/letterfromnoelle

Please support the PCRF, and the very talented Andrew McMahon, and purchase a copy, or two! And let others know about it too.

Jess xx

fireflyxxstare

boxing the stars
HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
I never got into the album 'North' but i loved 'Leaving Through The Window' =D

I respect and am inspired with what you and others have done.
Awh thank you very much! I personally love North, but LTTW is my favourite album hehe.

G

Gavvvvvin

I jabbed that guy in the ribs when he came to down near the barrier :eek:

jazzytaylor

HSC
I actually attended a cancer benefit for children's hospital of orange county last night where Andrew and Jack's Mannequin performed. I was also at their last 2 performances at the Viper Room and it's amazing to think he hasn't even known of his illness for a year. In the past 2 1/2 months alone it seems like he's made so much progress!

fireflyxxstare

boxing the stars
HSC
jazzytaylor said:
I actually attended a cancer benefit for children's hospital of orange county last night where Andrew and Jack's Mannequin performed. I was also at their last 2 performances at the Viper Room and it's amazing to think he hasn't even known of his illness for a year. In the past 2 1/2 months alone it seems like he's made so much progress!
I know! He IS amazing :) I wish I could attend one of those performances! *jumps on a plane* But unfortunately I'm stuck here until at least December. You should really buy a copy of this book, it's so great and it has pages you can get signed n things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)