song lyric help (1 Viewer)

ashiebear

HSC
hey im doing physical journey in english and i am having trouble finding a song lyric that relates to physical journey. please help!

kelboo

HSC
HAHAHA!

And you can pick something like "Rollin" by Limp Bizkit
:D

Pick a song from a genre you are actually interested in. that way you will not get so frustrated studying it!!

What music do you like??

ashiebear

HSC
thanks everyone!.. umm.. i like all sorts of music really.. i dont like rock and metal stuff.. ill see how i go.. :)

delz

HSC
Home is Where the heart is

Home is where the heart is - The john butler Trio is good and also links with skrzynecki poems. Armistad is also a good text if ur looking for a film

Home Is Where The Heart Is – John Butler Trio (Song)

• Draws a link between the Physical journey of refugees to Australia: past and present and the inner journey of a nation developing over time

• The refugees’ physical journey to a land of hope an the nation of Australia’s inner journey away from its heart and hope

• Ambiguity
o Double meaning/pun of ‘Home is Where the Heart is’: superficially means that it doesn’t matter what nationality you are or where you were born- how is where you feel it is. Ironically means Australia has no heart, as there is no home for refugees here, according to the government. “We can’t let them in cos the governments full of racial hate”

• Rhythm: combination of lyrics with compelling instrumental music, Repetition (‘Home is where the heart is’) and verse- increases emotional impact and strengthens the msg being put across.

• Rhetorical Question
o “seems strange to me man strange to me, don’t it seem strange to you?” – puts responder in position where they are inclined to agree- directing a point of view on the responder, encouraging them to agree

• Colloquialism & Directly addressing responder
o “But you know man” – gives effect of immediacy, as if he is personally addressing the responder

wanton-wonton

HSC
ashiebear said:
thanks everyone!.. umm.. i like all sorts of music really.. i dont like rock and metal stuff.. ill see how i go.. :)
well if you dont like rock or metal, bad luck

led zeppelin - immigrant song (although its to do with vikings, that should somehow be relevant)

Aeolior

HSC
Cool ^^ Finally, I meet someone who isn't really into Rock music that much :p hehe you've just bumped into the same genre-type of person.

Anyways, this is the list of songs that i researched which related to really really well to physical journeys:

Born to run - Bruce Springsteen.
Horse with no name - America
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skynard
Space oddity - David Bowie
Homeward Bound - Simon and Garfunkel
Journeyman - Eric Clapton
A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan

You can easily find these lyrics on Google.com by just typing in e.g.

Horse with no name lyrics

and you'll get a list of sites for it.

Cheers,

Aeo

wanton-wonton

HSC
Aeolior said:
Cool ^^ Finally, I meet someone who isn't really into Rock music that much :p hehe you've just bumped into the same genre-type of person.

Anyways, this is the list of songs that i researched which related to really really well to physical journeys:

Born to run - Bruce Springsteen.
Horse with no name - America
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skynard
Space oddity - David Bowie
Homeward Bound - Simon and Garfunkel
Journeyman - Eric Clapton
A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan

You can easily find these lyrics on Google.com by just typing in e.g.

Horse with no name lyrics

and you'll get a list of sites for it.

Cheers,

Aeo
err most of the bands/artist you list are rock..

Aeolior

HSC
XD ok.. then maybe I analyse it wrong..

I dont really like full - on rock.. the ones where the music covers the already out-of-tune singer's voice.. yeah.. alittle bit of rock in the music, like drums and stuff is ok in my opinion :p

ashiebear

HSC
thanks Aeolior and Delz.. u guys are great!.. my assesment is on thursday.. so hopefully i will go well with all of your ideas :).

lollee

sweet as
HSC
ive gotta use a song lyric too and i found sailing by rod stewart really good and its easy to link to huck finn if your doing that at all... just a thought

burymeinblack

HSC
Re: Home is Where the heart is

Thank you so much!
You just made my life so much easier!
-Hugs.-

delz said:
Home is where the heart is - The john butler Trio is good and also links with skrzynecki poems. Armistad is also a good text if ur looking for a film

Home Is Where The Heart Is – John Butler Trio (Song)

• Draws a link between the Physical journey of refugees to Australia: past and present and the inner journey of a nation developing over time

• The refugees’ physical journey to a land of hope an the nation of Australia’s inner journey away from its heart and hope

• Ambiguity
o Double meaning/pun of ‘Home is Where the Heart is’: superficially means that it doesn’t matter what nationality you are or where you were born- how is where you feel it is. Ironically means Australia has no heart, as there is no home for refugees here, according to the government. “We can’t let them in cos the governments full of racial hate”

• Rhythm: combination of lyrics with compelling instrumental music, Repetition (‘Home is where the heart is’) and verse- increases emotional impact and strengthens the msg being put across.

• Rhetorical Question
o “seems strange to me man strange to me, don’t it seem strange to you?” – puts responder in position where they are inclined to agree- directing a point of view on the responder, encouraging them to agree

• Colloquialism & Directly addressing responder
o “But you know man” – gives effect of immediacy, as if he is personally addressing the responder

heffo10

HSC

hey i cant find any rap or rnb songs for physical journey can any one help me i need it for my resource folder

Ashie123

HSC

hey, i dont think rap and hip hop would be good -too much course language. teachers will hate rap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)