Songs relating to changing self!!!!! (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
ok i am toatlly stessing becuase i need to find a song that is really good for changing self!!!!!!!!!!!

i already have a film, feature article and a novel. I need a song just for variation!!!! Please someone help me!:(

Supaneo

Hey dude,

I recently handed in my assessment
on changing self...

I used these songs

Creed - With Arms wide open

and the Cat's In the Cradle Song

They have simliar issues regarding relationship
between father and son.

I have found some good notes in the forum
somewhere regarding creed..
Minai posted it up

Good Luck

Christine

beige member
HSC
i did changing perspective but the song i used was

I was only 19 - a walk in the green light written by Redgum

and it would fit in perfectly with changing self - it explores a man before he went to vietnam and afterwards.

numberone

what articles are there?
i got film and now i got songs need articles please

thanks

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
make sure u dont choose texts that are too different from each other - I mean make sure u can link between ur texts in, for example, an essay

*tasha*

Songs

Hey,

I'm trying out a couple of sets of lyrics but right now the one that sticks out the most is Kelly Rowland's Stole. It's simple but I'm sure it can be effective.

SoFTuaRiaL

one good related material to use wud be the song lyrics of "Cleanin' up my closet" by eminem.
also, if u search the net, u can get poems on the sept 11 attacks, and how it changed induvidual's lives ....

*tasha*

Songs for supplementary material

Hey,

As much as I like Eminem's song, would you be able to tell me how the song changes an individual? Or was it changing perspective. I'm just trying to understand from what aspect you're looking from because from memory the only part I can think of is when he tells the audience that he's not having a go at his mother. Maybe I've just got it all wrong but if you could tell me your points I might understand a bit more.

Thanks
:confused:

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
Does anyone know any songs that would go well with the following texts relating to changing self.

My Place - Sally Morgan
Sky High - Stimulus Booklet
When Harry Met Dawn - Australian Story

As you can see i have an autiobiography, a short story and a documentary. Id really like to do a song, if anyone can give me any ideas that would be great!

*tasha*

OK - songs.

I was listening to a lot of speeches today and I apologise for not being able to list the title of the songs but if you look into artists such as:

Kelly Rowland
Jon Bon Jovi
Smashing Pumpkins
Creed

You should be able to find something. I hope this helps:p

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
ok, i used cat stevens - father and son

its very saturated in change in self, and its easy to use. techniques talk about the two different voices etc...

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Bob Dylan- the times they are a changin.

i used it for changin self and was told it was a great piece to choose. if u want more info p.m me. forget this stuff of kelly rowland and eminem, get something decent that actually has a meaning behind it. trust me, it'l be easier to find stuff (techniques etc) in, therefore easier to get marks out of

Cat Steven's "Cat's in the Cradle" is also a good one. alot of the ones by musicians such as bob dylan, cat stevens, simon and garfunkel etc etc are fantastic to use. stuff written in the 60s (you know, the whole hipy/rebellion thing? changing viewpoints- conservative to "free love") is good, it has a purpose (ie. to persuade the audience to a viewpoint, to give knowledge, understanding. not to sell records and make milions)

parko :D

Hiya_la

innocent eyes

Hello ppls,
do u think Delta Goodrem's song 'Innocent eyes' relates to the poem 'The Glass Jar'?

Last edited:

TastesGoodBut

whatever you do do not use father and son by cat stevens, or cats in the cradle by harry chapin (or ugly kid joe if u use the new version which is exactly the same as the old, jsut a alittle clearer and modern)

they get used to the shits - every second essay

try looking for sumthing like.. oo i dunno... eminem - stan, david bowie - changes (used alot as well i think), i dunno - go for stuff that is just as obvious

and if u want metaphorical stuff lookinto things like hotel california by the eagles, or jeremy - pearl jam (about a kid that commits suicide after everyone gives him shit at school... its their best song in my opinion... maybe after evenflow and daughter lol)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Or choose a country artist, bet nobody does them ;)

I like Everclear, personally. Nice simple lyrics + it's loaded with metaphor. On the other hand, I would hate marking essays about song lyrics..!

survivor

can nayone post up what they wrote about cat stevens song cats in the cradle im doing it but my teacher said i need more techniques and more explain the concept of changing self in it... help??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)