songs that mean something to you. (1 Viewer)

HSC
does anyone else have songs that have sentimental value?

I have:

I miss you - incubus
stop the music - p-money and scribe
special ones - george
angels - within temptation
your guardian angel - red jumpsuit apparatus
put up a fight - my awesome compilation

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Sentenced- Sun wont shine
Megadeth- Trust
metallica- Seek and destroy
Megadeth- Tout le monde
Judas Priest- Worth fighting for
Judas Priest- Angel

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Kinetic- Osker
Like a Secret- Jawbreaker
Slower- Mineral

probably the main three

chamelia

HSC
Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
Was the song my father was deeply into at the time he and my mother were going through a divorce and he had left for rehab. I remember visiting him and seeing his copy of 'Grace' sitting on his bedside table and him telling me mother how great this guy ' Jeff Buckley' was. A few years later I came across the name and have been in love ever since.

Auf Achse - Franz Ferdinand
Reminds me of my first lover. And an intimate experience we shared.

What Sarah Said - Death Cab for Cutie
One of those songs that just makes you appreciate the people in your life. The line "love is watching someone die - so who's going to watch you die?" gets me everytime and just reminds me of all the people I have lost and those who would be there for me in my final moments.

Love Shack - B52's
My very first favourite song. When it was topping the charts and being played on Video Hits I would jump up and down on my bed, or bop along in the backseat of the car and sing along with all the lyrics.

Last edited:
HSC
chamelia said:
Love Shack - B52's
My very first favourite song. When it was topping the charts and being played on Video Hits I would jump up and down on my bed, or bop along in the backseat of the car and sing along with all the lyrics.
wait, how old are you? :confused:

cxlxoxk

HSC
chamelia said:
Love Shack - B52's
haha i know that song, it used to be played while i was doing gym as sport for school, haha lifting weights at gym lessons to "love shack baby love shack bbbbbaaaaabbbbyyyyy" i guess the gym lesson instructor liked the song :p

_________

Set Me Free - Casting Crowns and Who Am I - Casting Crowns (favourite songs ever whilst i was christian - not anymore, but i still remember the songs)

Cats in the Cradle - Harry Chapin (i'm never gonna be that kind of dad, the image horrifies me!)

Imagine - John Lennon (peace!!!)

Far Away - Nickelback (the first song i ever listened to whilst crushing [having a crush] on someone.)

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
james taylor - fire and rain
112 - cupid, someone to hold, smile
boyz ii men - doin just fine
coldplay - warning sign, politik, amsterdam, fix you, scientist
jeff buckley - lover you shouldve come over
gomez - notice
damien rice - 9 crimes
brian mcknight - one last cry
bloc party - kreuzberg

HSC
omg chamelia is a genius, gaiz post WHY it means something! The meaning behind Grace for you is amazing.

I miss you - incubus

Alex and I were listening to it and he was like "I love this song, its so underrated" and I was like "Yeah, me too." Then when I left coffs harbour :shy: I gave Alex a note and all it said was (lyrics) "But I need you to know, that I care. And I miss you." And he messaged me with lyrics from it saying "to know that you feel the same as I do. Is a three fold utopian dream." :shy: omg. :shy:
stop the music - p-money and scribe
My best friend/sorta first boyfriend type thing, we listened to this and both loved it so we decided it would be "our song". Its about keeping going regardless of the obstacles. Which we had our fair share of..
"And i refuse to lose no
Ive never been the type to quit
you'd probably give up now and just turn back around
but thats one our many differences because
i dont care what the distance is
i told you id take it all the way

i couldnt just walk away and just pretend like i dont have more to say."

Also has significance cause he had to move to UK.

special ones - george
this song is about not letting the idiots in and protecting your heart. I listened to it a lot this year when I found who my real friends were. "Instead of trying to open my heart, I'm gonna lock it with a key. So that only the special ones will ever get through to me."
angels - within temptation
Listened to this when I was totally ripped off by someone who was a very good friend for 3 years, found out they'd been lying to me the entire time. "You took my heart, deceived me right from the start"
your guardian angel - red jumpsuit apparatus
most recent ex and my song. "I'll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to heaven."
put up a fight - my awesome compilation
Lol ex before that one and my song and also still link it to him cause he currently suffers from anorexia pretty severely. Not my fault. "Put up a fight, I believe in you."

I forgot a couple earlier,

Hallelujah (jeff buckley)/May angels lead you in (jimmy eat world)/+more
pretty much one of the most life altering experiences I've had yet. I did work exeperience and met Emily who was 5 and dying of a brain tumour.. The week I was there was kinda the start of the downhill spiral and seeing her and her parents going through that but still smiling and keep their heads up was so incredible. Really opened my eyes to whats important.
Body in a box (city and colour)/dream a little dream of me (ella fitzgerald)/a littles enough (angels and airwaves)
the main songs I listened to while writing my extension2 english major work about my grandparents when they lived in papua new guinea. My grandfather died when I was two. It was one of those heart and soul projects. I gave it to my grandmother for christmas and she cried lol.

far out, hel-lo most personal post from me.

HSC
its fucking hear you me grrrr why can no-one get the title of that song right

sorry, rather epic jimmy eat world fan :shy:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
none that 'mean' something to me, but some that definitely remind me of periods in my life

barbie girl - aqua: reminds me of listening to the radio in bed, aged 10.

HSC
katie tully said:
none that 'mean' something to me, but some that definitely remind me of periods in my life

barbie girl - aqua: reminds me of listening to the radio in bed, aged 10.

damn girl, you is old.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Young Turks- Rod Stewart
Billy left his home with a dollar in his pocket and a head full of dreams.
He said somehow, some way, its gotta get better than this.
Patti packed her bags, left a note for her momma, she was just seventeen,
There were tears in her eyes when she kissed her little sister goodbye.

They held each other tight as they drove on through the night they were so excited.
We got just one shot of life, lets take it while were still not afraid.
Because life is so brief and time is a thief when youre undecided.
And like a fistful of sand, it can slip right through your hands.

Young hearts be free tonight. time is on your side,
Dont let them put you down, dont let em push you around,
Dont let em ever change your point of view.

These lines make me feel just happy to be young.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)