songs (1 Viewer)

dediho

HSC

hey if u want sumfin easy, u can do angel by amanda perez. a fren of mine played the piano piece while i sung to it, n she followed the main chord sequence, but she improvised most of it. it sounded really mad.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
have a look at the baroque pieces, something like Canon in D by Pachelbel maybe...

although a lot of those dont ahve vocal parts

Adam B

HSC
Hey if you like some new music that is as complex as "Michael Nyman" why not try some difficult musical theatre pieces. Something from Les Mis has pretty complex piano parts, whilst really singable melodies. Also try and get the actual score because there are many easier piano vocal versions that are really crap. Or go for something from Bernstein.

just suggestions

good luck

stareathesun

i'm a chick i'm a chick i'm a chick i'm a chick i'
Originally posted by Adam B
Hey if you like some new music that is as complex as "Michael Nyman" why not try some difficult musical theatre pieces. Something from Les Mis has pretty complex piano parts, whilst really singable melodies. Also try and get the actual score because there are many easier piano vocal versions that are really crap. Or go for something from Bernstein.

just suggestions

good luck

do you have any of the actual scores? or do you know any web sites that has them? that'd be cool if you do

Adam B

HSC
Originally posted by stareathesun
do you have any of the actual scores? or do you know any web sites that has them? that'd be cool if you do
I dont have any scores, i have borrowed them from friends. But you could check out a company called MTI - Music Theatre International, they rent the scores for amateur musicals, i dont know the rental costs. They have all parts. THe piano vocal scores have all vocal parts with piano as well but these can cost $300 or more so it is unrealistic to buy them.

Try to suss out if any of your friends or people that you know are playing in shows or musicals and ask if you can have a look at the score, most musos are very generous and willing to help you if you ask them!

When you look at the score it is so much better than the piano reductions

MouNtY

Re: ...

Originally posted by dediho
hey if u want sumfin easy, u can do angel by amanda perez. a fren of mine played the piano piece while i sung to it, n she followed the main chord sequence, but she improvised most of it. it sounded really mad.
Hey, i played that for an assembly once, i HATED it, it just got so monotonous after the first two chords. lol, but your right it is really easy.

HSC
If you're looking for music for piano and voice you might want to look into some tori amos stuff. A fair bit of it is written to be played just with piano and voice. If venessa carlton and alicia keys aren't really to your taste tori amos' stuff is pretty interesting.

Last edited:

olay

HSC
for tori amos, the piano part is a bit boring cause its a very "accompanist" part.. but if the focus is voice, it'll be great, because the melody isn't played by the piano, its fully taken by the voice, which creates an awesome contrast and sound :D

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
Hello!!! im doin the singin for stareatthesun's pieces.. HI SAUNDERS!!!!!

my range is 2 octave - im singing Delta's Lost Without You - for range comparisons..

yeah we improv real good... anywhos..

anything with alot of energy would be good - we are both into Blow Up the Pokies - the Whitlams at the moment.. but yeah.. any suggestions??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)