SOR I - Section 3! YOUR THOUGHTS (3 Viewers)

chuha

HSC
N/A
Hey do you guys know what the answer to the picture in multiple choice was???-not the letter, but the worded answer???

MzBiiBii

HSC
But yes, i agree that it sucked. And I nearly had a heart attack in the middle of the exam.
I had a heart attack at the beginning, but I managed to get it out of the way. I did section 2, then 3, so that I wouldnt be distracted by it through the whole exam.The peace section was alright though, it just seems like they got a little happy with this quote buisness. Everything question like had a quote except for section 2 =/

Mkj

HSC
SOPHIE N "we are specifically told not to study Mohammed and we dont ever look at the quran. most ridiculous exam of my life, that question threw me off for the entire exam. absolutely ridiculous" The question wasn't asking you to speak about Muhammed although you *are* supposed to have knowledge of him from the prelim course. It was clearly an invitation to talk about the sources of revelation like the Qur'an and the Hadith and even though you don't "ever look at the Qur'an" you are expected to have knowledge of it as it is the essence of the Islamic teachings (practices, ethics) that you've studied all year. Seriously, all anyone had to do was comprehend the question, get over ittt!
my ex sor teacher of year 11 was part of the exam committee thingo.!! argh honestly i felt like strangling her when i saw her today !!!!!!!!!!

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
Hey do you guys know what the answer to the picture in multiple choice was???-not the letter, but the worded answer???
Pretty sure it was Reconciliation, (between Aboriginals and the Church) as this is a syllabus dot point. Also, the cross in the middle also signified the church, and the Australia had dots around it, showing it was Aboriginal.....so yeah that was my conclusion.
Couldn't have been much else anyway.

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
I sat the two unit paper which was virtually the same, just with some additional questions. I know our SOR teacher is sending in an appeal, from the sounds of it a very long appeal. I did the Buddhism question and wrote on wesak but I know most of my class were more then a little shocked by the crazy questions.

mecramarathon

HSC
that exam was jack shit unfair for those accelerated studentswe only did the preliminary course in like 5 friggin weeks!!

09par06c

HSC
frankly i am not happy with the board of studies .. they have a year to check these exams (or least or long time to) and yet they continue to stuff us around... i spent soo long studying my essays for what?

hannanj

HSC
Im thinking of sending a complaint to the NSW Minister of Education!
She maybe able to do something with more authority than those mindless BOS examiners who set the Studies of Religion question for section 3.

I chose to do Christianity, and it is obviously derived from the Preliminary course of the HSC. I do not see the link between the question and what was supposedly implicitly asked of us to write about, even after reading the BOS mapping of the exam!

squidjet

HSC
yeah apparently alot of school actually complained to the BOS about the question. i read it during the reading time and was like WTF but just did the first two sections, which i found decent enough. i did christianity for the third section, and i really didnt have much idea on it, and thought i wasn't taught it in class. I thought through it logically and decided that i needed to discuss everything i was taught for christianity ( personailty, ethics, custom) and how each of these impacted the religion. when i saw my teacher the next day, she said thats what the question asked, but apparently 2 unit also had the same issue. according to my principal alot of people just walked out of the exam and just left the whole of section 3.

samtaclaus

HSC
The Section III questions had NOTHING to do with personalities. They were based on ethics and SOME of the significant practices, but not all of them. For example, in Islam, the Qur'an doesn't actually provide guidance regarding the funeral ceremony hence that significant practice couldn't really have been used properly/relevantly for the question.

mfked

HSC
what the fuck was that??
section 3 screwed so many people over.
had nothing to do with anything.
what a bs exam
re teachers aat my school said it was a reasonable question from BOS to SOR I students.. it jsut took them an hour to figure out what the hell the question was asking of them --"fml.i wrote 7 pages of absolute bsim lucky if i even get a 5/20

mfked

HSC
seriously SOR is just so fucked up

i walked into the centre thinking that it counted for me
when i walked out.. i knew it wouldnt count for me

HSC
Im thinking of sending a complaint to the NSW Minister of Education!
She maybe able to do something with more authority than those mindless BOS examiners who set the Studies of Religion question for section 3.

I chose to do Christianity, and it is obviously derived from the Preliminary course of the HSC. I do not see the link between the question and what was supposedly implicitly asked of us to write about, even after reading the BOS mapping of the exam!
Do it dude. I'll join you! The more people we have who complain, the more chance we have of having something done about.

HSC
Fair enough if they wanted to challenge us with a harder question but the CHRISTIANITY QUESTION WAS OBSCENE. They say they will cater their marking for it. But the problem there is that most of the state didnt even know how to answer it and as a result there is so many different answers and half of us didnt even know if we were going in the right direction with our responses! I think everyone should send complaints, cause I have

HSC
On the radio this afternoon, 10 schools have formally complained about the situation.

From what I can see the most likely situation is "easy" marking for this section. However, that would not be my preferred resolution because a lot of people (and very smartly so) decided to just write all they knew about their religious tradition and it's highly likely that quite a few of those people will be able to score full marks. For those of us who don't work quite so well under the stress of "OMG WTF DOES THAT MEAN" failed to show the markers actually how much we knew in an attempt to answer the question.
Well said

NoName91

HSC
Being accelearted for sor 1 last year feels great now, but I truly feel sorry for this year's class in religion :( ... The ones I feel most sorry for now are actually the year 11's like myself last year doing the accelerated studies ... it was their only acceleration for this year, just one exam, and the bos does this to them

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I agree the question wasn't as nice as it should've been, but I thought it was ok. I did the Buddhism question, because it specifically said teachings, ethics and practices - so I just wrote about how Temple Puja and Bioethics related to the five precepts, the three jewels and the eightfold noble path and made mentions to the quotes. Although I admit, it was bad how the question wasn't explicitly syllabus based and most of the state got screwed over because it was so unexpected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)