sor - judaisim mitzvot?? (1 Viewer)

hallelujah.

HSC
hello all i have an essay for sor asking me to discuss the implications of the mitzvot on the day to day life of the jewish people. any ideas or remarks? i'd like to get a few people's opinions on how i should answer this question before i go ahead and write.
thanks.

cccclaire

HSC
I asked my jewish friend...

c.l.a.i.r.e says: whats mitzvot?
Jess hi-5-ulation i met QUINN and DAN from THE USED!!! i am now complete. says:its a good deed
c.l.a.i.r.e says:e.g.
Jess hi-5-ulation i met QUINN and DAN from THE USED!!! i am now complete. says:giving food to the homeless or some shit
c.l.a.i.r.e says:lol
Jess hi-5-ulation i met QUINN and DAN from THE USED!!! i am now complete. says:i took me a while to think of somthing
Jess hi-5-ulation i met QUINN and DAN from THE USED!!! i am now complete. says:is that bad?
c.l.a.i.r.e says:probably
c.l.a.i.r.e says:how does it affect your day to day life
c.l.a.i.r.e says:?
c.l.a.i.r.e says:do you do mitzvot?
Jess hi-5-ulation i met QUINN and DAN from THE USED!!! i am now complete. says:why r u asking me this stuff
Jess hi-5-ulation i met QUINN and DAN from THE USED!!! i am now complete. says:?
Jess hi-5-ulation i met QUINN and DAN from THE USED!!! i am now complete. says:just wikipedia it

but to be totally honest with you, she's not particularly strict with judaism she eats ham =O

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I just had an assessment task on this last week :). Something similar, anyway.

Mitzvot refers to the 613 commandments in the Torah. Their implications on the Jewish way of life includes things like what Jews can and cannot eat (kashrut- kosher), how they must observe the Sabbath, and the ways in which they can give charity (tikkun olam- tzedakah/gemilut hasadim).

I had to memorise the essay so the terms are still stuck in my head :p
Hope that helps a bit! Even though it's pretty brief.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)