sould i drop bio (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
if i was you i would wait until my prelim marks came out, ask your teachers whether or not they think you are able to handle 4 unit maths and yeah i would drop bio and take up 4 unit only if you enjoy maths not because of the scaling as it is a very heavy subject and is time consuming [n.b. i do not do 4 unit maths but by looking at people who do 4 unit it does look like a lot of work]

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JamiL
in Yr 12 i wanna pick up 4unit maths... i dont no how well im going 2 do in that, so do u recommend i drop a subject or keep my 13 units???
my subject are:

Eng Adv
Phys
Chem
Bio
Maths 3u (wanna do ext 2)
Studies of rel 1u
I had the exact same subjects as that (cept 2u accel. maths) and I kept all my units plus 4u maths and I'm coping fine. Just dont do ANY religion work and you'll be fine

santaslayer

HSC
i would keep the 13 units just in case....u can really drop it if u feel confident enuff to during yr 12

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Bios easy anyway, put a minimum amount of work in and you'll get a reasonable payoff(ie. 1st in the grade :D)

felafel

nooooo! don't drop bio! it's good fun... especially blueprint of life in the HSC course - DNA, and evolution, and other interesting stuff like that

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
I had the exact same subjects as that (cept 2u accel. maths) and I kept all my units plus 4u maths and I'm coping fine. Just dont do ANY religion work and you'll be fine
hey i do accel math s4 2u 2...
n im not doin any work 4 Studies of rel... n i dont plan 2
but my skool is gay n wont let us do catholic studies...
i realy enjoy maths...
i enjoy bio 2 its real easy but it is alot of work n i find it difficult 2 remeber all the names.. thx 4 the bost of confidence thou

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
nah bio sux :D

you 'sould' drop it.
Yes, since this person is obviously taking time away from their English to do bio

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
you'll find that all three science will link each other mroe in eyar 12. I did the same as caculon, except i accelerated in ext 2 maths. i enjoyed biology the most. i think its like a "get away" from physics chem and 3 unit maths. my friend did the same as you and in year 12, she dropped down to catholic studies and kept all three sciences with ext 2 maths

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
you'll find that all three science will link each other mroe in eyar 12. I did the same as caculon, except i accelerated in ext 2 maths. i enjoyed biology the most. i think its like a "get away" from physics chem and 3 unit maths. my friend did the same as you and in year 12, she dropped down to catholic studies and kept all three sciences with ext 2 maths
Liar! I believe that you were not made to sit through SOR1. Oh and whats that problem solving thing, I didn't know that was a subject

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Oh and whats that problem solving thing, I didn't know that was a subject
It was a USYD course, counts as 1 unit and can't contribute towards her UAI

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Zarathustra
In year 12 Bio gets much better, believe you me.
Yes, much of it is year 10 bio:D

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i think u shudn't drop ne subject rite now.....c how u go with 4u n then decide whether u wanna drop ne.

JamiL

HSC
i was goin 2 keep it until i was certian that i was capable of doin EX2 maths... but i dont expect bio 2 be in my top 10 units (english, chem, phys and maths Ex2, and Ex1)... so would it be a waste of time or should i keep it for the saftey....
and the average units for students that get over 90 in the uai is 13 units... that is an intresting fact

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Liar! I believe that you were not made to sit through SOR1. Oh and whats that problem solving thing, I didn't know that was a subject
well i had to do it because i was 1 unit short? why the hell would i lie about such an exciting experience :)
Originally posted by Xayma
It was a USYD course, counts as 1 unit and can't contribute towards her UAI
:uhhuh: but it will credit me for uni. mainly for USYD but i can request for other unis too
Originally posted by Zarathustra
In year 12 Bio gets much better, believe you me.
:uhhuh:
Originally posted by JamiL
i was goin 2 keep it until i was certian that i was capable of doin EX2 maths... but i dont expect bio 2 be in my top 10 units (english, chem, phys and maths Ex2, and Ex1)... so would it be a waste of time or should i keep it for the saftey....
and the average units for students that get over 90 in the uai is 13 units... that is an intresting fact
well things may change next year. thats what happened for me. i was hoping those subs you mentioned would count, but in the end hated phsyics and now i'm trying my hardest to make it not count.
its actually 12 units.

JamiL

HSC
actualy im almost finished the 2u prelim course cos im doin accelerated mathamatics, and im not finding 3u to hard...
ive always wanted 2 do Ex2 maths... from year 7(mabey not that long ago)....
i think if i try i sould be capable thou

JamiL

HSC
u say as ur units go up ur uai dose... that is not always the case if u have 10 units and u get 100% in each exam and in each assesment u r likley 2 get a 100 uai...
if u have 15 units n get 60% in everything it would be amazing if u got AA 60+ UAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)