sound system troubles.... (1 Viewer)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
about a week ago my sub stopped working, and i thought it was from the amp. actually, i was sure it was from the amp because the power light wasnt on. so i got a new amp, and while i was at it, a new sub, but it still isnt working, the power light still persisting on staying off.

i checked the radio fuse, ground/red/blue wires, amp/red wire fuse, and they are all intact. am i missing something else?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you're pretty sure the amp is receiving power, and that nothing is blown... could it just be an automatic shut-off when the amp gets too hot?

Does it not work at all, or does it work intermittently?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have enough power going to the amp? ... take it back to whoever/wherever you bought it from and ask their opinion.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
i'll add more details to this...

i had previously a 400W sub/amp pack (the sub in a cylinder and the amp integrated into the cylinder's side). i took an uneven driveway a little quickly, but nothing i hadnt done before. after then, the sub wasnt pumping out anything anymore. so i took the amp/sub out, and bought a 12" 400W fusion/600W clarion, and a 1400W boss amp (just in case i had wanted more oomph). i blew the red wire fuse at the motor cos it sparked a little while i was plugging the wires into the amp, but after connecting it and buying a new fuse the amp isnt working.

right now, the only two options i can see is checking the fuse at the back of the radio, and checking the amp on my mate's car. other than that, it'll have to be a replacement.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
There are about 8 fuses you need to check. Your problem definately sounds like a blown fuse...That or a break in your power wire.
The fuses are located:
In the back of your head unit

Under the dash in the drivers footwell area

In your engine bay there are 2, your power wire from your amp has a fuse and there is a fuse box which could have a radio fuse in it.

2 glass fuses behind the cd player on the constant and accessory wires

The fuse in the fuse filter, this is located near the above fuses. In a black box.

The fuse on your actual amp.

Inspect all of these closely!

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
okay from those ones that you've posted, the ones i havent checked yet is the engine bay, black box (arent they both the same area? i am prety sure there are fuses in the black box...) and the head unit, or at least i dont know what youre refferring to there.

have to do them soon, cos i'm burning pretty hard at the amount i spent on this new layout.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
The engine bay fuse and the filter box are different, the filter box is behind your head unit near all the wires. Your car might not have a radio fuse in the engine bay. The one in the head unit is next to the wiring harness plug, it should be a little blade fuse embedded in the back of it somewhere. Hard to miss.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
it seemed to be something wrong with the blue wire leading to the radio. my mate looped the red wire to the blue one and it seems to be working fine, until i crank it up, at which the excessive power to it cuts it a couple of seconds every now and then.

but another problem has arisen, and this has been happening to my radio too pre-amp installation, and that is that it gets pretty hot after less than half an hour and firey hot after an hour. i expect it to heat up, but not like this. my radio even starts skipping when i am listening to CD x_x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)