• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sources and historiography for Arab-Israeli conflict (1 Viewer)

cannonrun

HSC
Hey

I'm having trouble figuring out who prominent historians are that relate to the Arab-Israeli conflict. I'm finding alot of self proclaimed experts in the area, but I would really appreciate some tips on good historians for this study.

Our teacher emphasised the importance of the zionist/diaspora v post zionist interpretations of Israeli history, but didnt really give us any prominent historians that hold these views.

Also I cant find any views from important Palestinians around the time of the creation of Israel.

Any help with sources and historiography in the arab-israeli conflict in general would be really appreciated :confused:

cannonrun

HSC
05er said:
Dude, just type "Arab", "Israel" and "conflict" in Amazon.com and you'll find them easy ;)

Yeah its easy to find authors but my teacher emphasised the difference between historical authors and recognized historians and said that we should ensure that all our sources are from recognized historians. Unfortunately I didnt think at the time to ask how we find out if theyre widely recognized.

For example I used a quote from <I>The Fifty Years War</I>(1998) by A. Bregman & J. El-Tahri for one of my assessments. My teacher didnt mark me down but said that it would be better if i stuck to more widely recognized and accredited historians.

Noam Chomsky looks really good. I think our teacher actually mentioned him a few times. Thanks for all the replies people, and I look forward to beckles post tomorrow ;) Ill post the ones that I find by tomorrow arvo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)