Sox and Nox (1 Viewer)

ashtor

HSC
The dotpoint goes..."analyse information from secondary sources to summarise the industrial origins of sulfur dioxide and oxides of nitrogen and evaluate reasons for concern about their release into the environment".
I get the origins part but how are we supposed to evaluate reasons for concern? Do you just talk about why theyre harmful?

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
evaluate= judgement

So you make a judgement of their concern to the environment. You could mention diseases, so that's a valid reason for concerns (eg. respiratory problems).

Paroissien

HSC
And you can't forget the acidifying of natural bodies of waters, and the poor old pine forests

kheir

HSC
d normal shit cuz say they shud concern u as they pose economic ,environmental threats (acid rain), and they pose a threat to human health all thta respiratory bullshit

danno

just talk about how they are dangerous and stuff.

i see you are looking forward to halo 2 as much as me :)

ashtor

HSC
they destroy buildings with limestone and marble in them and corrode statues

Paroissien

HSC
I know, but that is hardly an economic thing. I'd probably put that in a more historical thing as the older buildings and statues tend to be limestone

beta-omega

Eternal Omega!
HSC
well, depends how u look at it, if there needs to be finances to repair limestone structures, then theres opportunity cost. And if it causes dmg to a production facility (do not ask how), then that would cause a decrease in the production possiblity curve... overall economic cost.

Paroissien

HSC
Sounds like you are straining to do some explaining, anyway you write whatever you want in the exam

googleplex

HSC
Yes and by the same deductive logic the number of aids cases will rise.

You see when the acid rain hits my supra it'll wear away the Duco and this will affect my (and other sickunts) ability to pull chicks. Thus I will have to turn to fellow male tarnished-supra drivers for sexual gratification, thus perpetuating the aids epidemic. (bath houses and the such will increase in productivity proportional to the amount of acid rain that falls per square metre).

Fuck guys, it's all science. Duh.

cheeky you :p

Last edited:

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Paroissien said:
Economic threat? Explain
think about it.
The world is run on cash :eek: !!!

now, everything leads back to money: Destruction of rainforest esp:black forests

the cost of repairing acid rain damage, waterway damage etc, loss of tourism

u have to evaluate concerns of such emissions. I agree the economic factors aren't the best thing to use, but i might just add a footnote somewhere :eek:

d_elmo

HSC
and remember the cost of medical bills and things like that which go with the health issues

Paroissien

HSC
Hahaha, I think it would be better just to leave it at medical concerns

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)