??space Engineering?? (1 Viewer)

d3sprado

HSC
I was just wondering if anyone has any comments about space engineering (both from people actually doing the course and those dat are not) i.e. what they think of the course, (how hard is it, is it worth doing it,etc..) Also i was wondering what are da actual benefits of doing it 'coz obviously der is very little jobs for someome doing space engineering in Australia.

So pretty much dis is what i want to know.

1. What you guys think of the course (is it gay or hard or easy..)

2. What are the benefits?

3. Who are the employers in Australia or overseas. ( and plz dont make smartass answers coz u would look lyk a total dick. Thx )

4. What sort of grades should i get to transfer afta my first year doing engineering (Credit avr, distinction avr, etc)

Furthermore i am just mostly interested in space mechatronics but i would appreciate it even if u talk about the other two courses.

Coz pretty much if i dont think it is worth it very i would just stick to goin to uts for next year and do innovation(mechatronic) or mechatronic engineering

THX HEAPS LOL

antarctic

HSC
1. What you guys think of the course (is it gay or hard or easy..)
Compared with what?

2. What are the benefits?
That rather depends on what you want to get out of the degree

3. Who are the employers in Australia or overseas. ( and plz dont make smartass answers coz u would look lyk a total dick. Thx )
Here's a list of employers who have accepted USyd Aeronautical and Space Engineering students as either graduates or for internships:

http://www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/windsoc/company_database/company_database3.pdf

4. What sort of grades should i get to transfer afta my first year doing engineering (Credit avr, distinction avr, etc)
That question should be addressed to the Associate Dean (Undergraduate) in the Faculty of Engineering

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Used to be you needed a D average to transfer into space.

d3sprado

HSC
Firstly i thank you guys for ur reply appreciate it heaps

For the first question, i want to know how are you finding the course ( is it hard, easy, whats hard about it, i want your personal opinion) Also how much harder is it compared to the normal mechatronics course.

For the second question, the benefits i am talking about is that is it harder to find a job opposed to someone doing the normal course (mechatronics), what is the difference between salaries to other enginering streams. Where are most of the jobs in australia. The only reason why i want to do it is i guess because i want to do something to do with UAVS (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to those who dont know)

Thats it heaps thx again. Appreciate it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)