Space Industry Degree (1 Viewer)

Aerodactylius

HSC
Hi all,
I am wondering what is the best degree to complete if I wish to enter the space industry?
Would it be better if i completed an aerospace eng. degree or a bachelor of science (Physics)? Or should i do a double degree and combine them?
Furthermore, can anyone suggest some good unis that have good research in these fields?
Thanks in advance

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
I would suggest doing a double degree in Engineering and Physics. This way you can get employed in either the research stuff in the space industry, or the engineering stuff (both of which seem very fascinating). UNSW or USYD would be the better unis to go to, but I would suggest going to USYD and taking advantage of the space degrees they offer.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Definitely consider the Aerospace path. Whether you would like to combine it with Science or not is up to you, but it would be beneficial too in my opinion if you don't plan to do postgraduate study in Aerospace Engineering.

At the moment USyd has a program I believe that is Space specific. I do know that UNSW is advertising something similar for postgraduate or something but I have no idea when that will be approved and ready so I think your best bet at the moment would be USyd if you want to specifically enter the Space industry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)