Spartan Society (1 Viewer)

mayhemily

HSC
I did the essay question on social structure. It was great! I would have liked to do the short answers but my rome essay q's were crap. :D I LOVE SPARTA!

mugrug

Could the ancient exam have been any easier?

I loved it! Best questions I could have hoped for considering what i studied.

And now I'm done, can't wait for my UAI!

cephren

...military elite was weird... I had no idea... so I put as much as I could about it... I said Spartan Hoplites... 300 Bodyguard for the king... and the Krypteia last just in case... coz they mark what u have 1st... so anyway...

...should get 20+ there so thats good...

nuffy

did the sparta essay on social structure, think it went alrite but i was cutting it close for time so didn't get everything out. prolly like a 21

scruffy012

HSC
glitterfairy said:
yay for generic stuff. Had no idea about military elite and "privliges" of kings though.

Meh who cares it's over!!! YAY!!!

ahh................... the fricken military elite... i forgot about the body guards.... crap, well hoplite warriors should be good enough for 1 mark....

scruffy

matt_a

Military elite i wrote about the "Hippies" which is what Xenophon called them. I just described them a bit and how they were chosen and what they did and why, and where Thucydides mentions them in THe Pelopponessian War. I put it all in to make sure i got 2 marks.

But its a very ambiguous question. Hoplites . . can they be considered as military elite when they are "Homoioi" or equals? Surely this is not elite, but then again they were elite compared to the Perioikoi soldiers used in warfare. It was just very ambiguous. I think if you justified it you'll get the 2.

jen23

i loved the spartan short answer, it was brilliant. for military elite i just gave a defination of a spartiate (homoioi) and spoke about the requirements to be one. i didnt think it meant hoplites, cause helots and perioki can fight too.. i was just guessing though. its only a 2 marker so yeah whatever! but im so glad ancient is OVER!

mgmgmg87

I talked about the spatiate hoplites. I couldn't remember many sources for the education but used xenophon and made up something about Plutarh!

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
the military elite was a stupid question
because there isnt a widely known answer to it, so it is sort of up to interpretation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)