• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Spastic Reports... (1 Viewer)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
1/2yearly report
no marks or rankings were indicated on our report
except for maths or it was told in the comment.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Weird. I thought you could get the raw mark from all your assessments and rankings. Which makes sense, you can access your rank at the BOS site later on in October I think.

What they can't tell you is the mark that they submit to BOS, which might be a little different to the raw mark.

The mark they submit to BOS is the mark they think you'll get in the examination... That's probably why - because it's what the teacher thinks you'll get!

mishka

HSC
N/A
cro_angel said:
well we dont get our rankings till like november 10th (unless ur in the top 3.. u find out at graduation) so meh
my school is exactly the same... except it's only the top 2 that find out!! our rankings go on our reports (but that may only be for the trial, i'm not so sure..) but no one is ever supposed to find out their school assessment marks. :)

mayhemily

HSC
yeah i havent got my report yet but in the past we have gotten our rankings for each subject. Its good! though our school is really small so we mostly keep track of them anyway

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I don't know when we will get our reports...next term sometime l think or at the end of this term (hopefully at the end of this term)

I already know my ranking, and l am pleased!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
we just asked our teachers to tell us our cumulative rank, lol.

i believe your allowed to be told ur rank, after all HSC exams have been completed, and it goes up on StudentsOnline, although i am prepared to be corrected on this point.

we were told we were told or cumulative mark because it will end up being much different after being aligned and such

cameron0110

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
our school said exactly the same thing as yours gordo. Except they won't even give us our ranks for the trials.. we only find out our ranks after all the hsc exams have finished and then have 2 days to make a complaint if we think there has been a calculation error. it's really dodgy... they keep saying they can't give it to us because of Board of Studies rules, but if that is the case then why does almost every other school in the state have their ranks???
Well that's not exactly true, we can get our trial ranks but no one at our school is giving out course ranks- but we don't get freely given our trial ranks either, we have to pester the teachers to get it. Plus I thought other schools have cumulative rankings on their reports for the yearly which means their course rank-which i would have thought would have been pulled up and stopped if it was against BoS regulations. Either way, my trial ranks are better than my overall ranks for most things so I'm not complaining too loudly

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
With our school, we have very very small class numbers, we have only about 15 or 16 people in the grade. Its not to hard to calculate our ranks for trial and the year.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ziff said:
The mark they submit to BOS is the mark they think you'll get in the examination... That's probably why - because it's what the teacher thinks you'll get!
What? I've never heard of this dodgy guessing game before!!!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
but does anyone know if there is a SPECIFIC BOS REGULATION that says you can't have cumulative rank on your report

or final internal assessment rank or something.\

just that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)