spatial distribution of mega cities (1 Viewer)

boongsta

HSC
Hey, anyone got ANY information on the spatial distribution of mega cities? the macquarie study guide and all the notes under the resources here on bored completely ignore spatial distribution, macquarie has this fantastic sentence that says 'there is a large concentration of developing world mega cities in south and east Asia.' thats not gunna get the marks lol

DsDeMoN

HSC
hmmm off the top of my head,

in the past they have occured in more developed nations.. e.g NY, Paris etc.
but are found more frequently in developing nations now.. e.g Mexico
often captial cities, on ports, rivers, trade routes

haha.... now youve got one Fantastic sentence... and my one.. if its right even haha

hazefu

HSC
Hey this is what I have about the spatial distribution of mega cities in the developing world...

Mega cities are predominately located in the northern hemisphere between 0 and 30 degrees with the majority aligning coastal areas. Excessive concentrations exist in east and south Asia with few scattered sparingly throughout all of the other continents excluding Australia.

Hope it helps

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I too have little info on this, just planning on writing that one liner and maybe drawing a (bodgy) diagram of the world and popping on a few mega cities.

DsDeMoN

HSC
@ uhawww

you can do a diagram of the globe.... and put on mega cities... in the time limit.. wouldnt it take ages to do?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Nah doesn't take too long, doesn't need to be too detailed just as long as it generally looks like it, I'll scan my practise one in a sec and post it.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Ok so it would seem I actually lost my practise one, but I just whipped another one up.

My teacher said something along the lines of that would be just fine. You can use the same type for world cities also.

boongsta

HSC
Thanks guys, that more than triples what I had on spatial distribution lolzzz, do you really think its possible they would ask about the nature, character and spatial distribution of mega cities in the developing world though?

goliwog

HSC
Hey, anyone got ANY information on the spatial distribution of mega cities?
Not sure if this is quite what you want but i did find a paragraph on spatial restructuring in a text book ...

"a major reason for mega cities in developed countries having little success in spatial restructuring has been the lack of an effective mechanism to control land use. This has resultsed in a considerable difference between urban development plans and actual development. " In manila Bangkok and Dhaka there have have been no effective measures to ensure the control of land development.

I think this is more aimed at chalenges of mega cities though

boongsta

HSC
Hey thats pretty good information and it would come under spatial distribution as it is a reason for spatial distribution. Unfortunately its talking about developed countries ... unless it was a typo? thanks for that man

goliwog

HSC
haha yes it is a typo developed should be developing (i should wear my glasses more often)

*Lozzie*

HSC
boongsta said:
do you really think its possible they would ask about the nature, character and spatial distribution of mega cities in the developing world though?
even if you dont think they will ask something on a certain thing in the corse STUDY IT ANYWAY!!!!!!!! cause they can ask anything even if you know its possible to bullshit your way though the dot points of the syllabus------ i got caught out by this in my ancient history trail and lost about 10 marks because i didnt think they would ask us that question

DsDeMoN

HSC
I'm with Loz.
Definately study for eveything... as was the case in last year's legal HSC.. (question 17 from memory) it was a question not in the syllabus (or a very small dotpoint) and it killed alot of the good students at my school.
So.. better to be safe than sorry

boongsta

HSC
Agreed, a practice essay shall be written on this dotpoint. I'm pretty sure it won't be asked but hey, tuesday next week i could be thankful i did and have no need to put a bullet thru my head, twice. think about that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)