Speaking Exam (1 Viewer)

karinatais

HSC
So, how did everyone find it? I was pleasantly surprised, the questions I was asked were all ones I had studied for and were quite easy, mainly to do with family, hobbies, travel and part time work. So relieved that it's finally over with!

...Though there's still extension next week.

HSC
None of the higher order questions i was prepared for.

I guess i stuffed up...Ah well...Speaking was never my strong point.

Hopefully I can make it up in the written exam.

butterflybird

HSC
I seemed to get asked a lot of questions like what type of person are you, what do you look for in other people, friends, holidays, work, school... then she started with stuff like 'do you think school has prepared you well for the future', 'what problems do you think the youth have today' - she so stole those from extension hehe.
Though i think it went well.

karinatais

HSC
Or rather what you look for in an ideal boyfriend?!

butterflybird said:
then she started with stuff like 'do you think school has prepared you well for the future', 'what problems do you think the youth have today' - she so stole those from extension hehe.
That would have been so hard for someone who didn't do extension. Is it in that first column thing? I would've just gone on about drugs and conformity, that's what you did right?

butterflybird

HSC
karinatais said:
Or rather what you look for in an ideal boyfriend?!
haha yeah that too. i should've been like "or girlfriend ;)" ah that would have been entertaining.
yeah i just said something about drugs and depression - i think she must have figured i did extension

Last edited:

alessandra

HSC
my questions....

talk about yourself

what is friendship and is it important to you

tell me a bit about friends from your school

describe your ideal friend

+ an other question about friends...

describe the relationships in your family

what have your grandparents taught you

tell me about a past holiday

what do you hope to achieve from life.

how will love effect your future and how has love impacted yor life
(like what shit house questions) i was the 5th person to go!!

the woman kept cutting me off! i was so pissed off

butterflybird

HSC
alessandra said:
how will love affect your future and how has love impacted yor life
ouch now THAT is a crappy question. I really would not know what to say o_O Maybe I'd just talk about the importance of family and friends (seeing as I don't have a boyfriend to talk about hehe)

mcbec

HSC
i was actually quite happy with mine... wow reading ur questions i got really easy ones!!!! my examiner was heaps nice, and she never cut me off (which i was a little afraid might happen) but it was all good!
i was just asked about whatever i talked about! half of my speaking test i was talking about sport & AFL - coz the swans beat geelong on friday night by 3 points in the last 10 seconds with an amazing kick by Nick Davis!!! - he played awesome!!

i was sooo excited i just had to talk about it lol... she asked me what i do in my spare time, i said go out with friends, watch TV and play sport so she asked what sports i like n so i said AFL - watching it & playing it with friends n she asked do u follow a team? n so i talked bout the sydney swans and how theyd won the semifinal the night before in such an intense game! hehe...

u noe, the thing that sux tho is we never ever get to find out our mark (how we did) in the exam. that kinda sux. but i think i did ok.

Chieffy

:)
HSC
N/A
ciao a tutti
i did my exam on sat too and i think i did ok not the best though my first question was wat i do on the holidays. that was really easy then wat i want to do in the future, if i have a license, wat will change once i get mi p's. then i got asked "so is voting important" yes thats right i got a voting question. in this part of teh exam i almost passed out, but i think i managed ok then i got asked if i have a good realtionship with my nonni and then i got asked about a book and a film. i got no family, passatempi, travel, freinds, why i studied italian questions but dosnt matter its over now.
our person also was very precise with her questions and she cut off alot

goodluck to everyone for the hsc and to all those that have extension nxt week or this wk whenever it is
ohh and if anyone else got a voting question i would love to hear from you

Last edited:

alessandra

HSC
butterflybird said:
ouch now THAT is a crappy question. I really would not know what to say o_O Maybe I'd just talk about the importance of family and friends (seeing as I don't have a boyfriend to talk about hehe)

yeah i broke into.. i am a 17yr old girl and at the moment love doesnt really effect my life as i have other things to think about. but i hope to one day be in love.

then she cut me off!!!! and said .. in love with what???

i was like ummm my boyfriend... and life

i hated that question

i also can't believe i lied so much! with the grandparents question i started going on about how they have taught me to listen to people b4 judging them and then how that quality will help me in my future as i want ot become a doctor and work wiht the poor people in africa... like really... i think she knew i was making crap up ahah eek

Last edited:

mcbec

HSC
ah well, its ok... the examiner doesnt mark it anyway -- just someone who listens to the tape marks it. n long as u spoke well they should mark well.

belpen

Voting?

Hey - voting was ok - just say you're not political - "Spero che il mio voto sia uno che conta" - obviously it's a little late now, but could come in handy for writing I guess - did you know french doesn't have to cover the elderly, driving or voting? Or you could say "I'm a communist" - that would go down just swimmingly :)

Chieffy

:)
HSC
N/A
Voting
well as soon as i walked out of the exam all thses things i could of said came to mind, like "Beh penso che sia importante avere I'opportunita di votare" etc etc "noi siamo la voce di domani quindi e molto importante a votare", but considering that in yr 11 nad this yr (yr 12) my class nad i have never touched on not even spoken about voting i think i handled my self ok
belpen - wat sort of questions did u get asked ???

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I had my beginners exam 2day :), The situations were really easy but I know I made stupid mistakes like I was talking about "la cammicia" and I said "Non voglio comprarLO.." damn it
I didnt like the convo q's tho, they were so repetative
I had:
* What are ur passtimes? then "what do u do on saturdays?" then "What do u do in winter" then what do u do in summer, then do u prefer to read or listen to music and speak about a person who is important in ur life....grrr I wish I at least got asked abt future plans or something, because most of those questions were from the same area!

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
haha the conversation questions were so easy especially the what do you do on saturdays one... i wasn't expecting easy questions and so i was stumped for a good 5 seconds :S i said the dumbest things. i think we got the easiest exam yet.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
tell me about it, the situations I was practicing were much harder and longer...
For convo like you, I was not expecting those questions, I was expecting thigs like "Secondo te, La scuola e stata un esperizena positva?"

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
i know... i said such stupid things eg.
"cosa fai sabato?"
me: "sabato oggi sabato??"
i got home and ratteled off this long and complicated answer that i could have said but didnt - i hate hind sight

belpen

Chieffy said:
Voting
well as soon as i walked out of the exam all thses things i could of said came to mind, like "Beh penso che sia importante avere I'opportunita di votare" etc etc "noi siamo la voce di domani quindi e molto importante a votare", but considering that in yr 11 nad this yr (yr 12) my class nad i have never touched on not even spoken about voting i think i handled my self ok
belpen - wat sort of questions did u get asked ???
Family, then onto what my sister is like, then from there she asked "is family more important than friends" - then I sort of led myself onto what a great movie "Crash" is, and the fact that Hollywood is superficial (I know - I have no idea how I put myself on it) - Then about driving...then I think something to do with University and me having my little wah about how hard it is to get into Arts/Languages and then she just said, well, the exam is about to finish, so what are you going to do when you finish this exam? Lol. Pretty good all things considered.

Is anyone thinking Arts/Languages at Sydney by the way?

morgarnna

yeah the convo questions were really repetitive. it was hard to think of different things to say about what you did. and yeah i agree we got the easiest paper since 2001. i still made some mistakes though....also made up a word for similar--'similare'. i dont think it exists but oh well. its over that the main thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)