Speaking Exams Round 2 (1 Viewer)

butterflybird

HSC
Well I think this week's round of exams deserves its own thread :p I can't believe the continuers was *only* a week ago...
So.. all you extensioners (of which there are like 3 that seem to visit this place)... what did you think of the questions, and which ones did you choose? I did the first one about the importance of material possessions, and the one about having people to inspire you.
I think it went alright, although I got tangled up in sentences occasionally :p.. meh.

Also beginners could comment about their exams if they want hehe.

belpen

Eugh - actually, I shouldn't complain, I thought it was relatively fine - I mean, it was never going to be a walk in the park :) At least they weren't random - I did questions one and three - Lol, extension, there's only like 56 of us apparently. I was number 17, so I got through earlier rather than later thank god - being in that library was killing me!
I stumbled a little - but that's normal I guess.
Anyone else? Comments?

butterflybird

HSC
haha! i was number 18! were you at parramatta? in which case you would have been that other person i went in with :p funny.
just had to mention that :)

karinatais

HSC
Yeah, I did 1 and 3, the one about having a person who inspires you just seemed so ridiculously hard. For number 1 I talked about how the world is more materialistic than ever before, yet suicide rates are continually increasing, so you know, it doesn't seem to be making everyone very happy. I can't even remember what I said for 3, that one was awful.

And I got there at like 8 00 so I was number 9, so early.

belpen

That's so funny - we went together, and I knew one of the examiners! I was at parramatta - I kind of remember you - i knew one of the examiners and i think u got her cause she was my teacher from last year.

I did 1 & 3, as I said - role models was a little weird. I think one of myarguments wasn't as detailed as it could have been.

butterflybird

HSC
steph@nie said:
what sort of questions did they have this year?
the questions were something like (others feel free to assist me in this, as with only 10 mins prep my mind was a bit frantic and neglected to remember such things in detail)

1. material possessions are important for young people
2. young people need role models to inspire them
3. changing friendships are a hard part of becoming an adult

when i came out and was asked how it was, i was a complete blank, i couldn't remember what id said or what the questions were, its slowly come back to me hehe.

and for the role models one i just said something about having your family and friends as role models, *insert various rants about these topics that i've done a million times*, and how lots of young people admire famous people and whatnot. that was probably my better one.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
butterflybird said:
the questions were something like (others feel free to assist me in this, as with only 10 mins prep my mind was a bit frantic and neglected to remember such things in detail)

1. material possessions are important for young people
2. young people need role models to inspire them
3. changing friendships are a hard part of becoming an adult

when i came out and was asked how it was, i was a complete blank, i couldn't remember what id said or what the questions were, its slowly come back to me hehe.

and for the role models one i just said something about having your family and friends as role models, *insert various rants about these topics that i've done a million times*, and how lots of young people admire famous people and whatnot. that was probably my better one.
Oh those questions were harder than the ones that I got and I know what you mean about the blank head afterwards. My teacher asked me to leave her a note on her car because she was doing the beginners exams at the same place and I couldn't even remember what questions I did.

butterflybird

HSC
hehe i got my report the other day, and for extension my comment was that i should "continue to work on improving my monologues" i'm thinking thats a little irrelevant now :)

belpen

Speaking is usually one of my better marks - it's a shame it's worth less than the last section of the exam. We do the film in my class - anyone else?
I worry a bit for the extension exam: they can seriously ask you anything - one year it was on multiculturalism and how it enriches our lives, and going over the syllabus, I don't think that's extremely relevant to what we are supposed to know. At times like that I guess you thank god there are two options!

I don't know about the rest of you, but in that third week I've got modern, ext english and ext italian - somehow that strikes me as being somewhat detrimental as they're all rather challenging subjects. Oh well :)

Any thoughts on the upcoming ext exam? And continuers come to think of it?
cheers.

belleree98

belpen said:
Speaking is usually one of my better marks - it's a shame it's worth less than the last section of the exam. We do the film in my class - anyone else?
I worry a bit for the extension exam: they can seriously ask you anything - one year it was on multiculturalism and how it enriches our lives, and going over the syllabus, I don't think that's extremely relevant to what we are supposed to know. At times like that I guess you thank god there are two options!

I don't know about the rest of you, but in that third week I've got modern, ext english and ext italian - somehow that strikes me as being somewhat detrimental as they're all rather challenging subjects. Oh well :)

cheers.
The extension french monologue question for 2005 was about how immigration enriches our lives! The italian ext quests seem better in comparison

I do similar subjects to you..I have modern, ext english but instead do french ext and italian cont. I hope the cont exam is easy..the italian one usually is in comparison to the french

butterflybird

HSC
belpen said:

cheers.
Yep we have the movie as well, I have seen it so many times its not funny. *Simon e-nd Garfunkeell??*
And I don't mind crazy writing questions coz you have some time to think about it; much better than supercrazy speaking questions
And I share your 3rd week of doom. English Ext, Ancient and Italian Ext one after the other HOORAH :S.. at least I'm completely finished after that *dances*.
I should go... study... or something :S

belpen

Week of doom is approaching! I seriously think I'll need a hand replacement or something after that one to get through my drama exam.

* The continuers paper should be OK - I mean, if you know those columns and vocab to go with each, then you can safely assume that you'll be semi-sweet for the writing, even if the questions are a little complex sometimes, i.e. the 2004 HSC writing (continuers), which I am currently struggling with. On the other hand, listening freaks me out - I always worry that I'll run out of space/time or I won't know one crucial word...

*Hey bellree - how do you find french ext? We've only got tiny language ext classes at my school (i.e. 2 in each). Are your topics/modules different to the italian ones? Ours are sort of centered around identity/change in the outside world/relationships etc - with a focus on adolescents.

*butterflybird - The movie replays in my head all the time! Simon e gaaaarfunkel?!!? was on our trials - and there was a question about it - hilarious, I thought it was too good to analyse - don't you think it's a shame we have to take it to bits?

belleree98

belpen said:
Week of doom is approaching! I seriously think I'll need a hand replacement or something after that one to get through my drama exam.

* The continuers paper should be OK - I mean, if you know those columns and vocab to go with each, then you can safely assume that you'll be semi-sweet for the writing, even if the questions are a little complex sometimes, i.e. the 2004 HSC writing (continuers), which I am currently struggling with. On the other hand, listening freaks me out - I always worry that I'll run out of space/time or I won't know one crucial word...

*Hey bellree - how do you find french ext? We've only got tiny language ext classes at my school (i.e. 2 in each). Are your topics/modules different to the italian ones? Ours are sort of centered around identity/change in the outside world/relationships etc - with a focus on adolescents.

*butterflybird - The movie replays in my head all the time! Simon e gaaaarfunkel?!!? was on our trials - and there was a question about it - hilarious, I thought it was too good to analyse - don't you think it's a shame we have to take it to bits?
I think it's the same, not sure! We don't have an ital ext class just a french one (there's 4 girls in it)

The theme is the Individual and society. Then there are sub themes like coping with change, belonging vs alienation, and tolerance of difference. I like the course it's pretty good. I struggled with the french ext speaking however, because they put italian continuers on the same day and stuffed my timetable around :(

belpen

belleree98 said:
I think it's the same, not sure! We don't have an ital ext class just a french one (there's 4 girls in it)

The theme is the Individual and society. Then there are sub themes like coping with change, belonging vs alienation, and tolerance of difference. I like the course it's pretty good. I struggled with the french ext speaking however, because they put italian continuers on the same day and stuffed my timetable around :(

That's not good - I don't have any doubled up exams, but the reason I dropped French last year was the worry that I'd get confused... I'm sure you'll be fine though :) - how did u find the Italian continuers trial btw? Did you do all of Ilta with that ridiculous multiple choice listening thing with 4 marks? We didn't, but I was looking at my friend's paper from another school, and if you got it wrong, instant loss of 4 marks - apparently it was very unclear as well, which I truly hate. I hope the reading ones are interesting articles, cause if they're not I generally lose interest and concentration, which isn't great in an exam situation!

belleree98

haha yeh same.

We did the same trial and it was okay (except for listening..I hate listening!) but yeh I could have done much better if I actually tried. My mark was low 80's but she says that can improve if I actually try.. meh!

I dont really get confused with italian and french anymore. Not sure why...I think because with progress, the better you know the languages, the easier it is.

butterflybird

HSC
so everyone else thought the ilta trial was crazy also? good good.
yep i lost all my marks on the listening, fortunately i got the 4mark one right :p however a lot of it just went *whoooosh* way too fast and obscure

all relies on the hsc being a little nicer :)

belpen

Our teacher saw the trial and said she made it "harder, but more straight forward" - our listening was basically a culmination of lots of those nasty end questions - you know, where they get more difficult, I usually lose my marks in listening, but reading was ok I felt - I'm assuming the HSC is usually more school-orientated, for example, pieces on schoolies, or stuff about school & youth culture....
anyways, in bocca al lupo ragazze (im assuming like the majority of state, it's mainly girls in here)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)