special consideration (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I sent an email to the school of education asking for special consideration to swap tutorial times into a tute thats booked out. Has anyone does this before, successfully? The whole reason I'm even having this problem, is because the school of education decided to change lecture times at the last minute (today) causing havoc onto my perfectly organised timetable (which i took a day off work to register for). grr.

Last edited:

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Good fucking luck! It's not likely!

You'd be better off emailing the people in your course, explaining the situation and hope that someone in the tutorial can swap with you...

The school of education is really rigid on things like that

rific

HSC
Yeah, email the tutor involved when you find out who it is, put something on blackboard when your course comes online and go to the first tute and see if any student can swap.

We've had problems too this year, between them not actually opening enough times for most us, putting the wrong courses up on the tute reg system and them changing when we should be enrolled in our research project course, there's been a few stuff ups.

seeka

HSC
all i did to change to a tutorial that was full was to contact the lecturer and tell them i had a clash with another subject or had work etc and they let me change :D i got in quick though and this is in science and law subjects

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I think you'd best take Jess's route and perform sexual favours... you might have better luck that way.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
I always say to the lecturer I have a clash.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Cyph said:
I think you'd best take Jess's route and perform sexual favours... you might have better luck that way.
I've never changed tute groups, thankyou!!!

:p;)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Why don't you fill us in on your marks instead. :p

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
warn first years about the course or about Jess's & Cyph's ongoing banter following it???

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
seeka said:
all i did to change to a tutorial that was full was to contact the lecturer and tell them i had a clash with another subject or had work etc and they let me change :D i got in quick though and this is in science and law subjects

the only problem is though they could easily check and see i dont have a clash! cos we dont have any electives, we have set courses. and they always emphasise how work is not a valid reason. but if i cant change, i could lose my job, because my availabilty is shithouse now.
no job makes going to uni pretty hard

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
they COULD easily check. but they are lazy; they wont check!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
seeka said:
my god i thought that issue had died a long time ago,,, should we warn this years first years about biol1010 lol
I agree, suuch old news, its pathetic.

Although, on the note of first yr bio, check out the way they're doing it now, shithouse or what?!

seeka

HSC
what are they doing with this yrs first yr biol jess?

heya cyph long time no see :D

ranger stacie: mr bassman is right,,, they wont check,,, but they wont know if you have an important family commitment that you would rather not disclose :p if it means your job its worth a go to change it,,, or yeh theres go to a tutorial and beg tactic,,,, :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
They've taken the labs out of it, so 1001/1002 (they only have one stream now, none of this 1010 or 1120 that we did) is purely theoretical, 4 hours of lectures a week. Lab work is done in 1003, an additional course for one semester only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)