Special considerations for atar (1 Viewer)

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Does anybody know for schemes like Broadway/EAS and flexible entry work exactly?
I know which offer eligibility "whose ATAR is below the cut-off by up to five points", so does this occur in the second/later rounds when the cut-off is determined in the main round? or do i automatically get consideration in the main round?!?

jaimebien

HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org/590/general-university-sydney/231681/c-d-usyd-should-humble-give-bonus-points.html#post4796820

As you know, the university allocates a number of places in each course. The majority of places are given based on ATAR. The rest of the places are allocated to alternate entry schemes, in which they rank Broadway applicants in order of ATAR, from highest to lowest.
This is how I understand the Broadway scheme to work. So...in answer to your question, it makes sense that this works in the main round. If the allocated places for Broadway applicants aren't filled after the main round (either because of there are few Broadway applicants or, more likely, because some of these applicants turned their offers down). Just because you are eligible for the Broadway scheme doesn't mean you're disadvantaged. Your eligibility (as defined in the link I posted) to enter a course will be assessed at the same time as all other UAC applicants.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)