Special HSC Prize (1 Viewer)

miss_pie

HSC
while my parents have 'bribed' me to get a certain mark, i'm not really taking that into account. getting a uai of 90 is a gift enough and they know this. however, they know i've struggled with depression for the past 2 years and just want to say congrats which is cute coz we dont have much money and i appreciate it more than just 'getting it' i guess.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
My Dad said that he'd buy me my own little bomb of a car if I get over 90...but I doubt that will be happening for me :(

But I told him not to, cause I don't want him to spend the money...need to save it for uni.

kylie_robbo

My grandparents said that they will buy me a laptop if I get into Uni... My parents haven't said anything, but they didn't give my sister anything...

skittlebrau

ez_19 said:
MY GOD. these people who are getting cars/shitloads of money if they get a high mark - what is this?!

btw i think its completely fair to get some sort of present for finishing school, but being bribed to get a high mark is rather excessive. oh well, each to his own....
I guess it's a matter of personal opinion. Some people want to do well for themselves, others' parents want them to do well and want to give their children an incentive to do really well.

My parents are helping me out next year (cos I'm moving overseas) - it's very different from a bribe, because I know that they'd support me whether I got 60 or 99.

milsey

Uni is bribing me :p 3grand/year scholarship on offer if i do well. Does anyone know if you can spend it on whatever you want?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Im not getting anything ridiculous like cars, money in the thousands, digital this and that :( haha. My parents are too smart, they know I go crazy wanting to do well without the need for incentives. *clicks fingers* haha

Im getting taken out for dinner with my family after my last exam (tomorrow!!!!!) and my dad has offered to provide me with spending money for the summer and any outings planned with friends :D Of course, this is only "within reason" :p haha

somborac

HSC
i think i cost my parents enough money through my life, coz i gotta twin so they had to pay for both of us at once...but i dont think ill get anything which ever mark i get. just their satisfactory nod.

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Personally, I'll be happy with a 'well done Kat' (and maybe a glass of champagne??)

1 day to go..and counting... Good Luck everyone, Drink up after exams!

Skeeta

HSC
im not getting anything as such

ive already got a car, computer and uni fees taken care of - i think id work wayy harder if they were actually a reward rather than just handed to me.

i do think id work alot harder if i had something to aim for more than a number - i no my parents are excited enough that i made it through the hsc without any mental breakdowns i think a good UAI would just be a bonus

now i sound like a spoilt little snot..

Bobcat

HSC
we went out to dinner and they paid for it.

But no more nagging is the biggest gift i got.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
my parents arent making anything special out of me doing well because they know im trying my best. im going on a cruise around fiji for 7 days which will be awesome. But i get lots of stuff from them anyway. they are taking me out to shop for clothes for uni after the exams are over (partly for christmas too). I dont have to pay for my car when i get one and they are paying for me to go to college next year. i have nothing to complain about but nothing is specifically for achievement. i get it for being meeeeeeee!

tennille

HSC
My parents let me drink a glass of champagne when I finished. I felt so special and rebellious :p . I also received a present from my mum's friend. I felt so special...hehehe.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I started a bank account, and mum gave me $600 to deposit into it.
Stupid thing is that I actually did deposit it, so now I can't take it for for a week, until my card arrives in the mail. Bah!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I get to leave Albury if I get around 85+.

More then enough of a present

berghousemaa

HSC
My parents pay for schoolies, pay for college at Sydney Uni and are getting me an XJC

crazy_old_jwg

HSC
i dont actually get nething coz of hsc, but i guess im pretty spoilt neway, like for my 18th i got an ipod, a guitar and a queen bed. my parents also paid for all my formal stuff and half my schoolies...so yeah, but its just kinda coz they did for my sister...

even tho i get all that stuff my parents r actually REALLY against rewards for marks, which is probably good coz i never do that well

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i get a car (or equivilant in cash and prizes :p ) if i get over 90

oh, and when results, a bottle of champagne (verve, yummy)

piratedebbie

HSC
i am a twin so i dont generally get rewarded for anythng wen i go well... she isnt as academic as me, so wen i go well its hushed so she doesnt feel bad. i prefer that tho coz i'd hate to make her feel bad...sometimes it sucks tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)