Special Provisions (1 Viewer)

sif not 99

hey does anyone now what being granted special provisions involves for the HSC

just that I have been granted it by the Board of Studies because I've been farkin sick as a dog, I was just wondering if anyone knew more about it. From what I know you get 5mins rest per half hour of the exam but does anyone know more???

Thanks alot,

schwang_thang

hey dude

well i just got special provision 2day cos i fractured my hand =/ so yeah i think i know wat 2 do....
go up 2 ur curriculum coordinator n just tell him wats goin on n stuff, make sure u have evidence like doctors certificate n stuff...
do this asap cos ur teacher will have 2 write a letter n stuff 2 the BoS

neways ur options r (these r the 1's i had)
- reader/writer (dont think u need that)
- extra 5 minutes for each 30 minutes, but ure not allowed 2 do nething in those 5 minutes
- extra 2.5 minutes for each 30 min, u dont have 2 stop or nething, thats abt 15 min extra per 3 hr exam

gluck :D

schwang_thang

oops i think i sed 'n stuff' 2 many tymes

n btw ask ur teacher if theres ne other options, i think there shud b 4 ur case...

Duckman

well if got rest time of 5 mins per half hour and i find it really good as u can just thonk bout your answers and such

snot

hey i just got the booket for special provisions and it says about all these other essays. do you acctually have to do these essays as well as the others or are these instead of the other essays. it seems really confusing...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
there are lots of privsisons u can get granted ie diff. categories some are like u get a scribe for u to read n write and yeah the one i think ur talking bout where u get xtra time and time 2 rest

miss_pie

HSC
at my school they're doing it so those seeking special provisions do it in a booth on your own with a supervisor... as well as extra time and breaks and all the rest

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
i had to be a reader/writer last yr for trials and hsc for business.. they gave me a certificate and chocolate :D
i was a reader/writer b4 i got a cert. and a party with all the other reader writer ppl

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by miss_pie
at my school they're doing it so those seeking special provisions do it in a booth on your own with a supervisor... as well as extra time and breaks and all the rest
when i scribed 4 ppl yeah we had a supervisor for each person to make sure we didnt cheat or anything

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sif not 99
hey does anyone now what being granted special provisions involves for the HSC

just that I have been granted it by the Board of Studies because I've been farkin sick as a dog, I was just wondering if anyone knew more about it. From what I know you get 5mins rest per half hour of the exam but does anyone know more???

Thanks alot,
Its unusual to get special provisions just for being sick. (I'm guessing its just for the trials yes?)
Spec. prov. usually go to those who need spec. prov. like diabetics, suddeb accidents, those with "learning difficulties" (reading, writing etc).
My advice would be to see your special provisions/special needs/special education teachers as they are usually the ones who have to sign off on the "special needs" students (ie those who get it).....in conjunction with the year co-ordinator of course to find out times etc.
Special provisions students (medical and "ability" usually are identified in earlier years though as there is a time frame, unless the situation warrants it of course (eg broken arm just before the exams) so cases and provisions vary

Last edited:

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
i kno of ppl at my school who get special prov. because they cant work effectivley in exam conditions. this gives me the shits, cos these certain ppl are ALSO accumulating! How is it that some one who has twice as long to study an exam and twice as long to do it in, gets ranked alongside me.

santaslayer

HSC
i was a reader for sum provisioned guy in year 11....... he took an extra 1 and a half hours longer to finish his ipt exam..

juggernaut

HSC
i was asked to scribe for yr 12 during there trials last yr
the bloke happend to be my mate, so i just helped him.. wrote his essays for him etc cos he couldnt be fucked haha

true story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)