Special Relativity (1 Viewer)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

Just covered special relativity in class today, and me and some of my classmates were wondering if this principle is obeyed equally by all electromagnetic waves, such as gamma rays and x-rays?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey,

Just covered special relativity in class today, and me and some of my classmates were wondering if this principle is obeyed equally by all electromagnetic waves, such as gamma rays and x-rays?
Yep since all EM waves are 'light'

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Hey,

Yeah I guess so although I haven't seen much questions that related special relativity to gamma rays etc

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I guess so although I haven't seen much questions that related special relativity to gamma rays etc
Yeah basically because gamma rays are light, light = carried by photons and all EMR is carried by photons

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

Yep as pikachu said all EM waves are light. Just a tip include this at the start of all ur answers on these topics:
- Light is an EM oscillation
- Light is a self-sustaining mutual generation of E and B fields
(these are covered later on in the ideas to implementation topic however the way to make answers differentiated it is good to combine content from more than one topic as it shows a deeper understanding)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yep as pikachu said all EM waves are light. Just a tip include this at the start of all ur answers on these topics:
- Light is an EM oscillation
- Light is a self-sustaining mutual generation of E and B fields
(these are covered later on in the ideas to implementation topic however the way to make answers differentiated it is good to combine content from more than one topic as it shows a deeper understanding)
Also you can notice that they all do obey special relativity as they all travel at the speed of light which is a postulate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)