Specific policy/issue essay (1 Viewer)

loser

scene police
Take for example "Explain how the Federal Government can use fiscal policy to promote economic growth, redistribute income and assist external stability."

Okay, so the question obviously asks for fiscal policy, but would you also mention monetary/micro policy or would you just stay clear of mentioning them altogether? If yes, in how much depth would you go into?

Also, with the issues, it asks for basically 3 issues, but in how much depth do you go into for the issues? Take distribution of income. Would you go through all the different causes, all the sources of income/wealth, all the effects, how you measure it and all the trends? What detail do you go into?

Nupil

HSC
N/A
I'd mention them on the side, definitely acknowledging that it's referred to as a policy MIX for a reason, but you obviously wouldn't go into an in-depth anaylsis about MP and Micro.

This is personal, but you'd indicate you know what they do with MP to promote economic growth (so probably a couple of lines) and then micro policies that address the issues ... a few lines all up I'd say, but most of all the effect and that you understand that they're not the focus of the essay but are essential when managing an economy.

Um as for each individual issue ... I'd take my lead from what the government is doing, with eco growth being the most then external stability/redistribution of income. In my essays I seem to mesh up the issues to...

- what the issue is; definition
- current statistic
- why anyone cares about managing it
- what they do to manage it
- what the effect is of the management/policy
- any future predicitions/concerns

But that's my own personal way ... and I suppose in the definition stage you could get into sources and stuff ... but I think they're more concerned with you getting to the guts of the issue in our economy. Am I making any sense?

I'll stop my yappering. And anyway, it's all subjective so what works for me may end up killing you! Hope you understood it. Ciao.

TastesGoodBut

i generally define every second word.... just so i can get a good lot out of it... and they cant mark what i write wrong... they just read it and think "well he understands it.. it covers the syllabus... 17/20" or so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)