Specific questions (1 Viewer)

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
Hey - I did the ancient HSC in 2004 (We did Cleopatra, Sparta, Old Kingdom Egypt and 'Egypt from the Unification to end of 6th dynasty' or whatever it was.

I was just wondering if any of you guys remembered the specific questions (both essay and short answer) for those periods and if you could post them here just for a bit of nostalgia - btw how good was ancient? loved it - my favourite subject probably :)

sly fly

HSC
You wouldn't happen to go to S.I.H.S would you? lol it's Shaz. Here are the questions from memory (I'm paraphrasing):

CLEO -
Briefly describe cleo's early career (5marks)
Explain Cleo's eastern acquisitions and the donations of Alexandria (8marks....I guessed this one right, I knew it would be in there!!!)
Evaluate the impact of Cleo in Egypt and the Roman world (12marks)

SPARTA -
Name 2 Spartan kings (2marks)
Describe two geographical features of Sparta (2marks)
Outline the role of the Krypteia (5marks)
Something about the cultural lives of Spartans (6marks)
With reference to the source and other evidence, explain the organisation of Spartan society (10marks)

Sparta long answers was something about the women and something else

OKE -
I have no idea about the short answers, quickly skimmed through them and didn't like them much, but I think the 10marker was something to do with pyramid texts and funerary architecture or something.

Evaluate the range of occupations and their significance in Old Kingdom society

Second one was something to do with cultural life in OKE I think

OKE (historical period) -
Evaluate the changes to religion that took place from the time of unification to the end of dynasty 6

With reference to the Narmer palette and other evidence, talk about unification (obviously it didn't say talk about lol but something like that)

Anywayz, how did u go? I couldn't believe my luck!!! I predicted the donations of alexandria q and the changes to religion q, so I think I went pretty well, I was pretty prepared.

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
why yes I did go to S.I.H.S. - Say hi to Mrs Munro if u see her for me (from Rohan)

the Cleo questions seem pretty good - we thought the donations/eastern acquisitions would be in there last yr.

And Mrs Munro was right - they could go back to 5,8,12 at any time! lol

Sparta short answer were pretty good as well - we were hoping for the 2 kings question so we could put Cleomenes 1 and Cleomenes 2 lol

ah well good times...

Last edited:

sly fly

HSC
Ohh you DID go, haha sorry, didn't read your post properly.........no wonder, I was thinking there's no way any of the guys in ancient history this year would care. Your year did exceptionally well though! Good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)