Specifying Yeats' poems? (1 Viewer)

Hahaha

What do you guys think of the probability of them specifying poems from Yeats?

And which would be most likely?

bobbie212

i think they will specify however its too hard to predict which one. hmmm mabye wild swans at coole thats pretty easy

bobbie212

watchu mean by reading? it better not be that marxist feminst shit cause we were not told about any of that in class

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
they've already specified in this unit in the past though.

i'm fucking screwed if they specify anything other than second coming cuz one of my readings is based around the fact that it's good for that poem :p

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
bobbie212 said:
watchu mean by reading? it better not be that marxist feminst shit cause we were not told about any of that in class

dude, does your teacher suffer mental retardations?

bobbie212

ey man i rung up advice line they are saying that u are not meant to put a marxist spin on shit or anythin like that. Its just different interpretation from different critics

HSC
can they really specify poems to use because there's also gwen harwood in the poetry section of this module.

i dont kno thos coz i havent really looked at past papers but i dont think that they could

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay, sorry to bring this back to me :p.. but if they specify a poem, doesnt that mean they have to specify a scene in King Lear and Citizen Kane and a chapter from Wuthering Heights and a particular speech... etc..?

HSC
out of the last 3 hsc past papers which they have on the net, they've only specified the use of one particular poem once, and even then they said mention it and at least one other poem.

so i think if they specify one which doesnt really fit with ur readings u can mention it, and then move onto others which work better.

but if they specify a poem, doesnt that mean they have to specify a scene in King Lear and Citizen Kane and a chapter from Wuthering Heights and a particular speech... etc..?
I dunno. I think because poetry is listed as a different section out of the module to the speeches, etc they can actually do it.

charbar

Need some yeats!!

All u guys seem to know 'something' about yeats poetry. so could soemone please pass on some notes.. anny thing will do.. please dont leave me out in the cold! :rolleyes:

Damien Szy

HSC
If they specify a poem they will always allow room for his other poems because this is a critical study of Yeats, not of one of Yeats' poems. I would say that if they were going to specify a poem it would be either second coming, easter 1916 or mabye (its more unlikely) sailing to Byzantium.

heart

sm:)e
HSC
bobbie212 said:
ey man i rung up advice line they are saying that u are not meant to put a marxist spin on shit or anythin like that. Its just different interpretation from different critics
If it's just different interpretations... does that mean for 'When you are Old' (which i would only do if they specified ) could you say that the poem can be seen as both a tribute and a rebuke?

kristy_lee26

HSC
heart said:
If it's just different interpretations... does that mean for 'When you are Old' (which i would only do if they specified ) could you say that the poem can be seen as both a tribute and a rebuke?

remember guys it mays not have anything to do with readings the Catholic paper didn't but you can still mention it to make you sound like you know what ur talking about. I did this in the trial n my teacher said it was really good and i got the second top mark. I hope they don't specify a poem cos the only poems i understand are Wild Swans at Coole and When you are Old...the easy ones

heart

sm:)e
HSC
If they did specify wouldn't they want to specify the easier poems, as who really understands Byzantium.
So in a way that's good you know the easier poems

elyse_88

HSC
i asked my teacher about this and she rekons it would be pretty unlikely for them to specify a poem (even though they've done it before) but if they do she said it would more than likely be the ones that 'have more in them.' So like the ones that you'd can get a wider range of different interpretations etc from. She said she thought it would most likely be 'The Second Coming' and 'Sailing to Byzantium' or maybe 'Easter 1916.'

I don't know how right this is but there's no way im going to be able to learn all these poems so screw it i rekon.

jmac101

they are more than likely to specify a poem and as to which one it will be is anyone's guess

it's only fair, considering we only have to learn 6 fairly short poems compared to whole plays and books others are doing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)