speculations about hsc exam (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
hey, all you out there, i was just wanting to know all yours (and your teachers) speculations for this years hsc paper. Any way my opinion well......a 6 marker on eutrophication.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
lol...perhaps. *thinks of her worst nightmare*

All I know is I'll kill them if they don't include something substantial on Haber and batteries...

something I know, please! ;)

stuffed4exams

Better NOT be stuff on batteries or biopolymers...knowing my luck, at least one of those will b a 6 marker.....

<sigh> :mad1:

toja

acid rain...
CFC's
concetration of common ions
if there is anything about water... well then i will be a head shorter and i guess they cant ignore harber... batteries was last year and i guess considering they had also ethanol, biopolymers would be worthwhile looking at or radioisotopes...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Obviuosly a question on flame/ion tests, just to piss us off ...

Said it before, I'll say it again
I think there have been changes to the syllabus for a reason, like they took out the parts of the syllabus which they have problems with

esther

HSC
Originally posted by Mistress Lilith
Said it before, I'll say it again
I think there have been changes to the syllabus for a reason, like they took out the parts of the syllabus which they have problems with
the changes appy to thenew ppl not us so dun count on the changes....
i hope there isnt cation/anion tests as 6mark question... i HATE them...
id prob say there would b a 6mark question on fossil fuels maybe... the running out and the things to replace them and stuff

Lugia

My friend's turtor is the person whos gonna decide what mark goes into what band...he decides the cutoffs or something... And he reckons that there will probably a BIG mark question on ethanol or biopolymer this year, cause they didn't ask it last year.

And my chem teacher at school reckons a big question on the harber process...

Every thing that i hate! :chainsaw:

spice girl

magic mirror
Did anyone see one of the questions (i think it was from the catholic this yr...?)

It was like: they give you two pictures: a photo of a treatment plant, and a diagrammatic flow-chart of the processes. and the question was like: "You are studying the process of water treatment used in NSW. Which of these two sources would be more helpful to increase your understanding in this topic? Discuss why."

What a BS question!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
Did anyone see one of the questions (i think it was from the catholic this yr...?)

It was like: they give you two pictures: a photo of a treatment plant, and a diagrammatic flow-chart of the processes. and the question was like: "You are studying the process of water treatment used in NSW. Which of these two sources would be more helpful to increase your understanding in this topic? Discuss why."

What a BS question!
Yes, that was stupid ...

Obviously trying to satisfy the "appreciate chemisty" outcome ...

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl

What a BS question!
I read that question... I agree. It's stupid trying to twist the syllabus into new dimensions... The question doesn't work! It's ENGLISH!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
The whole of that test was very tangential to the chemistry syallbus, very abstract ...

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
isn't CHEMISTRY abstract? the physics test by them was just as abstract. personally i've got the gut feeling for a big marker on CFC's, water treatment, and ion tests. does anyone else notice that the information on tests contradict others. some of mine say such and such turns green with pink and purple pokadots in a flame test. and then in a test we're asked what turns green with pink and purple pokadots and its an element that we were told is identifiable by a completely different test!:mad:

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Well my chem teacher says that its pretty unlikely that they'll test us on the stuff that got taken out of the syllabus (which hopefully means no phospahte content in fertiliser:D), but just make sure you know it anyway. And Im pretty sure that there wouldnt be a big battery question since there was that one from last year which is good cause there are so many damm batteries and equations.

I seriously hope that chemistry isnt going to be as broad, as englishy and as abstract as bio was cause that really sucked.:mad:

spice girl

magic mirror
Actually, I won't bet on questions not appearing this year because they appeared last year. Look at some of our english questions and etc, they may be scum and ask again.

Ozz^E

I did that Catholic trial and that quetsion got us by suprise...the second part asked how we could assess the reliability of the sources and guess wat the answer was...check the recency, pubilsher, date and stuff...like the question arises..r we doin chem or eng??. But the HSC follows the syllabus so dont expect any over the top stuff.

utopian731

Eudaimonian
I remember the Sydney Morning Herlad article on chemistry reckoned that the structure will be the same as last years (which had one 5 or 6 marker on each module) but the contecnt will be very different.....

i hate learning pracs, we didnteven do half of them

Shocker_85

Originally posted by Lugia
My friend's turtor is the person whos gonna decide what mark goes into what band...he decides the cutoffs or something... And he reckons that there will probably a BIG mark question on ethanol or biopolymer this year, cause they didn't ask it last year.

And my chem teacher at school reckons a big question on the harber process...

Every thing that i hate! :chainsaw:
He's my tutor aswell n he was telling about some questions which mite be in the hsc tomorrow...

by da way i have just started yr 12...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)